Bill Williams and his strategies... - page 16

artikul:
I think it might have been a problem in the sense of a zero bar if it wasn't for the inertia of the market. ))) Hard to imagine price reversing sharply on the zero bar. ))) Usually unambiguous hints of this event come in advance, a few bars before the reversal. )))

the volumes are about the same, but nevertheless the price went up and down for several hours by about the same number of pips

What kind of market inertia are we talking about? ;)

IgorM:

about acceleration - I'm working on it, but I haven't yet come to a clear conclusion on how to calculate speed/acceleration.

This is what Williams wrote about )))) Only he had been substituting the average price in AO and AC formulas for 40 years. ))) And if you want, you may substitute either volumes or values of other indices instead of the average price))))). And you'll get a grail every day)))). By the way, just think about it - all Williams' indices use only Fibonacci numbers as parameters and characteristics)))

IgorM:

the volumes are about the same, but nevertheless the price went up and down for several hours by about the same number of pips

What kind of market inertia are we talking about? ;)

Were the volumes standing? ))) Let them stand, but price changes, price acceleration and volume acceleration )))) This is already enough to catch the top in advance ))))

You should not take my word for it, because the criterion of truth is only practice. That's why I show you a real trading picture. The position is open not on the High, of course, because the bars are hourly, but it is on the top of the wave. If I had entered the market on minutes, there would be almost no difference ))))

artikul:
All Williams' indices use exclusively Fibonacci numbers as parameters and characteristics))

I deal with fractals at the level of mathematical model, the price according to my calculations tends to - it is "Cantor's dust", it is even easier than fibs - there is no need to look for which bar to pin the fib to, there is just always a fractal on history, the level 0.63 will correspond to it relatively to the current price;)

And the conclusion is both fractal analysis and probability theory. - Everything works in general on the markets, but all this is seen after the fact from which level the fiba triggered )))).

artikul:

Were the volumes standing? ))) Let them stand but the price changes, the price acceleration and the volumes acceleration)))). It is already enough to detect the top beforehand ))))

If you do not know the difference, you may be right, next time you will have the opposite effect, acceleration is relative - even on a quiet market sometimes there are unpredictable bursts and it's not because of brokerage companies.

what you're trying to tell me is price/volume acceleration, I've already checked it out and it's much more pronounced as a trend change, I recommend to experiment

IgorM:

Next time it will be the opposite, acceleration is relative - even in a quiet market there are unpredictable bursts, and not the machinations of brokerage companies, all brokerage companies will have the same charts

You will close with zero profit )))

artikul:
You will close with zero profit ))))

!!!! that's right! This is exactly the MM I use for manual trading - instead of trawl I try to set SL to the order opening level after 20-30 points of profit, and exit either with zero profit or at TP ;)

IgorM:

What you are trying to explain to me is price/volume accretion, I have already researched this topic - there is a much more pronounced trend change, I recommend experimenting

Sometimes price noise is very similar to an actual trend change )))) I don't want to risk, but I think it's enough to use three components - price, volume and market calm and their acceleration ))) Have three confirmations - have a change in trend ))))

artikul:
Sometimes the price noise is very similar to a real change of trend )))) I don't want to risk, but I think it's enough to use three components - price, volume and market calm, as well as their acceleration.) Have three confirmations - have a change in trend ))))

Here's where you and I are completely at odds:

- i think that there is no price noise, every high/low is the current market performance - the best buy or sell price, someone has stopped the price rise or fall in this time interval, whether by arbitrage or large volumes is not important, but if the price does not break through the high at this stage, it means that the price tends to fall, and vice versa for low, what you call noise, after a while will be high/low on H1, H4 or D1 - and from these levels you yourself will pull the chips ;)

- the risks are always the same, no matter what rules you have developed for yourself, the unit of risk measurement is MM, the more aggressive MM is, the greater the risks, selection of indicators or "market calmness level" does not reduce the risks.

IgorM:

This is where you and I are completely at odds:

Dear colleague, you have fallen into scholasticism again))) There is no contradiction. If you operate with price, volumes and their ratio and fix the phase change of the market to another trend, you have reached the price memory point, or in other words, the return point. Even if events do not develop in your favor, the market will try to restore the status-quo at the place where you have caught it))) The market has already broken thousands of copies on this topic, because many people are able to feel the price intuitively, without indices and MM. But fear wins, positions are closed with a loss or too early, and then the price moves in the right (predicted earlier) direction. This phrase you will find in almost any forex book. But think about it: why does the price always goes in the right direction when thousands of traders have exited the market with a loss? Isn't it another one of the few market laws that you can put at the service of your own profit? )))

artikul:
Dear colleague, you have fallen into scholasticism again))) There is no contradiction. If using the price, volumes and their ratio you have fixed the phase change of the market to another tendency, you have reached the price memory point, i.e. the return point. Even if events do not develop in your favor, the market will try to restore the status-quo at the place where you have caught it))) This topic has already been broken into thousands of copies, because many people are able to feel the price intuitively, without indices and MM. But fear wins, positions are closed with a loss or too early, and then the price moves in the right (predicted earlier) direction. This phrase you will find in almost any forex book. But think about it: why does the price always goes in the right direction when thousands of traders have exited the market with a loss? Isn't it another one of the few market laws that you can put at the service of your own profit? )))

don't sit on a loss, either! ))))

Sometimes the whole market goes up or down, and that's where the moment of truth comes in, when you sit on the losses. ))))

SZS: I remembered Niroba's thread - he stood by his losses until he ran out of money, or rather in deficit - he even replenished his deposits in time to look decent in public opinion

Reason: