How do you achieve a qualitative leap in market analysis? There is an option: - page 9

Swetten:

5, Alp*ri, working TF H1.

P.S. In the table -- four digits, rounded!!!

Is it a 4 or a 5?

and also, what is a plot ?

Mischek:

Is it a four or a five?

Five, just the last digit discarded.

I can add a zero, if that's the principle.

Mischek:

and also, what is the plot ?

Weekly OOS on H1 after training.

I.e. after training, on the same parameters, but different ways of pumping history.

It turned out this way, in general, by accident.

Swetten:
Weekly OOC on H1 after training.

The post-workout plot is probably interesting

but maybe just comparing high and low

What will it do?

The question is different: to use what the terminal itself uploads when there is no history, either by f2 or by f2+chart updates?

I am inclined to the first option.

As bad luck, I have already crashed a demo account, I could have downloaded the history and compared it to the "real" trading history... :(

Interesting observation: the closer to the right edge of the screen, the faster the TC readings converge.

There is just a more and more fading spread and swing in profits/losses.

And since 21.03.10 go practically nosepiece. :)

Swetten:

...The question is different: to use what the terminal itself uploads when there is no history, either by f2 or by f2+chart updates...?

Definitely leaning towards native history. F2 with or without update is either metaquote or combined history. And the real trading will be done on broker's (terminal's) history.

IMHO, you have to test on what you trade on, logic rules. I only accumulate real account history for clarity and use it for testing.

granit77:

I think you should test on what you are trading on, logic rules. I'm only accumulating real account history for clarity and testing on it.

I agree. I did so - what the terminal downloaded itself, that is what I am using now. The only difference is that the history is not very deep. Is it reasonable to ask them to "update the chart" or they will send me something wrong again?

I am also disappointed about the time and effort I have wasted. And the effort. And anyway... :(((

I don't use it and I don't know what it does. But I rarely turn my computer off, it stays on for months.

Well, anyway, I've come to my conclusions.
Reason: