A trading system without a drain. Needs a programmer. - page 4

Bookkeeper писал (а):
Sorry, turns out there's no username in my profile. Take it from the CodeBase in the header of any of my scripts.

Couldn't you just put your username in place of this text? Or write to f-x{}fxmail.ru?
We don't look for easy ways! :) :)
I can hardly find time even to "look here". Work + a lot of correspondence + search for scripts and get into their "soul" . ;)

While I was writing this post (in three tries...) it turned out that there was another message from Bookkeeper.
What can I answer? Sad, sir.... Didn't expect...
Well, I'm not explaining the ABCs to a respectable man.
Yes, it has already been explained above without me - I am talking about large and small trades, about profits and losses.

Why do all unsuccessful ones immediately point out the uselessness of the system or indicator?
In such cases I say: "I don't see this indicator (MACD, for example, seriously!), I don't understand it, it cannot be read at ME, it does not work for ME.
etc. etc. IMHO, this is more correct and honest. Yes, and others do not go astray.

What is it exactly? That the path is right and there is no instant solution? What should we keep looking for?
After a month and a half of sitting on the "globalist", I'm absolutely sure that I cannot do without collecting data of several TFs. I've already written here somewhere - we cannot do without one indicator, we should use trend-following + (overbought/oversold). Now I' ve tried a sewer + fan + accelerator. And clearly something like Bolinger, RSI, Stochastic is missing. But this is just my personal opinion, and I'm not going to impose or prove anything to anyone.
But TP is only 15...20 points and SL has to be at least 80. If we really want to get stability even 15 points a day is enough. That is why it is worth continuing. I'd rather have +15 than a herd of suckers. Besides, the profit must be calculated not as Prof-Loss, but as 0.87*Prof-Loss, which is very unpleasant...

:) :) :) :)
Talking dumb with deaf :) I'm writing and completing it in parts :) during breaks. Now I've reread all the posts - complete madness :).
Calm down, I'm not arguing. YOU NEED TO READ SIGNALS FROM SEVERAL TIMEFRAMES SIMULTANEOUSLY. I'M CONVINCED. BUT IT IS NECESSARY TO SEEK COINCIDENCE IN SIGNALS OF SEVERAL INDICES OF DIFFERENT ACTION PRINCIPLES FROM SEVERALFOLDS AT THE SAME TIME. I HAVE NO DOUBTS.

I have no idea what to do with the signals of several different indices at the same time.

Bookkeeper писал (а):
It may come in handy (?), I have a simple globalist for getting data from several TFs - I already wrote here 'How to combine two indicators?
In the indicators you give the global variables of an indicator, or its "power" (2,1,0,-1,-2) - run the globalist on any TF and get the joint charts.
In your case (if I understand correctly) it will be like this:
//---- В ИНДИКАТОРЕ "СТОХАСТИК"
string        ThisName;
//---------------------------------------------------------------------
void deinit()
{
   if(GlobalVariableCheck(ThisName)==true)
      GlobalVariableDel(ThisName);
   Comment("");
   return;
}
int init()
{
   ThisName=Symbol()+"_M"+Period()+"_STOH";
   return(0);
}
int start()
{
   if (Pos==0) 
   {
      ST=0.0;
      if(BUF[0]>...) ST=1.0;
      if(BUF[0]<...) ST=-1.0;
      GlobalVariableSet(ThisName,ST);
   }
   return(...);
}

//---- В ИНДИКАТОРЕ "ГЛОБАЛИСТ"
int start()
{
double m5,m15,m30,m60,m240;
      if(GlobalVariableCheck(Symbol()+"_M5_STOH")==true)
         m5=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol()+"_M5_STOH");
      if(GlobalVariableCheck(Symbol()+"_M15_STOH")==true)
         m15=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol()+"_M15_STOH");
      if(GlobalVariableCheck(Symbol()+"_M30_STOH")==true)
         m30=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol()+"_M30_STOH");
      if(GlobalVariableCheck(Symbol()+"_M60_STOH")==true)
         m60=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol()+"_M60_STOH");
      if(GlobalVariableCheck(Symbol()+"_M240_STOH")==true)
         m240=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol()+"_M240_STOH");
      if(m5>0.5) m5=m5+0.05;
      if(m5<-0.5) m5=m5-0.05;
      if(m15>0.5) m15=m15+0.1;
      if(m15<-0.5) m15=m15-0.1;
      if(m30>0.5) m30=m30+0.15;
      if(m30<-0.5) m30=m30-0.15;
      if(m60>0.5) m60=m60+0.2;
      if(m60<-0.5) m60=m60-0.2;
      if(m240>0.5) m240=m240+0.25;
      if(m240<-0.5) m240=m240-0.25;
      Buf_M5[0]=m5;
      Buf_M15[0]=m15;
      Buf_M30[0]=m30;
      Buf_H1[0]=m60;
      Buf_H4[0]=m240;
}

The chart will have lines from all TFs with values 1 (sell), 0 (rest) or -1 (buy) plus/minus a bit, so they do not cover each other. Thus it is possible to put on one chart any indices (same/different) from any number of TF (but <=8 :) and to run the globalist on any TF, even on M1.

And what is wrong with the approach

double stm1_M1 = iStochastic( Symbol(), 1, 5, 3, 3, MODE_EMA, 0 , MODE_MAIN, i+1);
double stm1_M5 = iStochastic( Symbol(), 5, 5, 3, 3, MODE_EMA, 0 , MODE_MAIN, i+1);
double stm1_M15 = iStochastic( Symbol(), 15, 5, 5, 3, 3, MODE_EMA, 0 , MODE_MAIN, i+1);

just read the appropriate TF and that's it
And it does not matter what chart the Expert Advisor is in

Bookkeeper писал (а):
Talking dumb to deaf :) I also write and complete it in parts :) during breaks. I've reread all my posts now - complete madness :).
Calm down, I'm not arguing. YOU NEED TO READ SIGNALS FROM SEVERAL TIMEFRAMES SIMULTANEOUSLY. I'M CONVINCED. BUT IT IS NECESSARY TO SEEK COINCIDENCE IN SIGNALS OF SEVERAL INDICES OF DIFFERENT ACTION PRINCIPLES FROM SEVERALFOLDS AT THE SAME TIME. I HAVE NO DOUBTS.

I have no doubts that it will work.

I agree that we are talking to the deaf, sorry. Read carefully - we are not talking about creating a full-fledged (fully functional) MTS, but about one of the bricks that can then be put into this wall - hence the "madhouse", we are talking about different things, that's the point.
I believe that any task has to be done in stages. Right now, the task is the INPUT. You're still talking about the output. ;)
Maybe I will, if I have time after answering those letters that come in. I can't not reply to those who have written.
And I answer you here. ;) No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten! :)

The process has stalled. At least in my head. Today I have returned to my good old manual system - it is easy on the eye, I have only two indicators, everything is good to see...
When I start converting from higher to lower TFs I get a cacophony of lines that I may be happy with, but the worst thing is that they appear distorted. Stoch lines from the higher TF are kind of smoothed, with straight lines and it is confusing. Practically, I have to learn to look at my own system in a new way (as someone else's) and learn it all over again....

EVladMih wrote (a):
...And when you start to bring it from a high TF to a low one, you get a cacophony of lines, with which you can put up with, but ....

That's why I don't display the charts themselves in the summary window - they can be viewed in real time. It's enough to set 0, 1, 2... for each of the readable indicators, i.e. to make a gradation: 0 - no signal, 1/-1 - the signal is weak, opening is not necessary, but to hold or not open positions - "strictly by eye", 2/-2 - the signal is strong, if all indicators give it, probably one should open... So all lines are obtained in one scale. I have not switched on the terminal today, so I cannot show it to you - after closing the history is not saved. And I have long wanted to finish OpenBuy, OpenSell and CloseAll scripts :) - Add screenshot creation after triggering! Wouldn't have to tell it on fingers :).

EVladMih wrote (a):
...the worst thing is that they come out in a "distorted" form. From an older TF the stoch lines come out kind of smoothed, with straight sections and it's confusing. Practically, one has to learn to take a new look at one's own system (as someone else's) and master it anew.

Something is wrong. Most likely the reading is going wrong. If from the older TF to read not by bars, but from each tick - it should be without straight lines, all the same maneuver.

YuraZ wrote (a):
...double stm1_M5 = iStochastic( Symbol(), 5, 5, 3,3, MODE_EMA, 0 , MODE_MAIN, i+1); ...
This is good, if the indicator is a public, standard one.
But if it is a custom one, the code is a mile long... It's constantly being tweaked.

Look at my picture on page 35 in the "forum pictures" thread. No "cacophony of lines", just a ready calculated result from each TF. Green is "may", red is "all stand still, be afraid!".

rsi писал (а):
Look at my picture on page 35 in the "forum pictures" thread. No "cacophony of lines", just a ready calculated result from each TF. Green is "may", red is "all stand still, be afraid!".
Well... I'm off to find the topic (what page is it on?), the page, the picture...
Hard to link to YOUR picture? Bye all! I'm off to find it. :(

I went back, searched the topic, saw that it was at least 15 pages long and went back.
It's a task for those who don't give a shit (sorry) - to search for the unknown where, the unknown what.

EVladMih писал (а):

I went back, searched the topic, saw that it was at least 15 pages long and went back.
It's a task for those who don't give a shit (sorry) - to search for the unknown where, the unknown what.

EVladMih, are you psyched? The check wants to help, tells you where to look and you get annoyed :). Why (sorry) do you have to explain who should do what? I opened the topic, clicked the link 35 - and look. If it is interesting. Or did not look.

Okay, about the globalist, it looks to me like this (what has had time to run up, has had time):

In the basement of the M1 chart: the indulators (accelerators - homemade, not iAC) work on TF M5 (red line), M15 (yellow line), M30 (green line), H1 (blue line) and H4 (purple line). Global values are +2/-2, +1/-1 and 0, depending on the strength of the signal. Further on, everything is clear - find the moment when they all take values +2 or -2, and go ahead.

That's it.
All realists have good profits, and I'm off to turn in my VAT.
Reason: