In addition to - "Evaluate the results of the expert (2140 trades, not a single loss)" - another "no-loss system..." - page 3

Hi all! =)

It's my first time here too, though I probably would have been here a long time ago if the robot had sent me the email, but I had to do it on mail.ru specifically (mql4@mail.ru by the way =))

I wanted to ask about StockKey, on what timeframe is it running? Here.

And about the strategy above, I don't understand something about the profit: before Feb 2 the loss would be much bigger than the profit, because all the downward movement would be taken by short positions, but the loss from the first long position would be equal to this profit (well, with 0 spread), and there are a lot of open short positions...

l.ruslan:
And by the way - how to test this expert. I downloaded a file with MK4 extension, copied it to the experts folder. but I can't put it into MT. what's missing? MT just can't see it. :(
You need to open it with the meta editor and comment it out, then it should be ok.

With the downloading of the expert, I get it. But it's not the one I need. I don't understand - there are too many variables. Maybe Ronen will modify it somehow and we'll try to test it a little :)
And about Itchi's post - go and set an order for every 50 points and you will see that the upwards movement is a solid moose. But the price fluctuations within 50 points take care of this moose. The price moves in the other direction - the moose is the same and the profit increases. This is how it works. But we have to set the real range right away.
I am waiting for Ronen :) Or maybe someone else will help?

I will quote my post on another forum so as not to repeat myself.

The calculation goes to what everyone knows. Most of the time any market is in a flat. The trend for such a system is simply killer, but the flat - quite compensates for all the costs. I took Fund/Dollar, for example, from January 20 till March 6. There, we are essentially in the flat between 1.7900 and 1.7300, the flat is 600 points, but if we separate the orders by 50 points, we will get the maximum accumulation (600/50)-1=11 orders, which means that the maximum LOS will be 3300 points (dollars).
If we gradually separate the losses by orders, the accumulation scheme will be as follows:
Then as we move towards the middle of the flat range the loss will decrease (in the middle it will be minimal - about 2100) and at the upper limit it will reach the maximum of 3300 again, so it is not such a death for the deposit. But already on February 2, due to the price fluctuations, we reach the breakeven level. And the rest of the price movement in flat may be used as profit.
But this system by itself is utopia. We still need to determine the expected range boundaries and entry points - the Expert Advisor will not solve this for us. I only need the Expert Advisor itself. I realize that simply testing on the history will not do any good. If I move just a few hundreds of points out of the flat, the deposit will be lost without any question :)
So, an EA without control is doomed to failure... And any EA - don't let the system administrators be offended. :)
And there is no loss - at the smallest breakout outside the specified range - you should close everything as it is - with any loss. But to find a place for the range - that's my problem. I just wish my Expert Advisor had a possibility to set the range parameters for trading, and maybe even regulate the distance between the orders (40, 50, 60 pips, etc.).
Well - is it clear now what I need and who can do it?

The point seems clear. What in my opinion could be improved - not to set a fixed step (profit), but to bind it by coefficient to atr, or to the difference between the last extrema for the period. And stops should always be set, better based on the MM. In general, the strategy may have many open positions simultaneously, so it is unlikely to be very efficient (if one follows the MM lot, it will be a small one). Taking the time I will try to rewrite it.
And also, perhaps an effective use of the strategy in combination with any trend. One of them will lose on the trend, the other one - on the flat. If the synchronization is good, the profit may appear more or less stable.

3172552:

It is also possible to use the strategy effectively in combination with a trend strategy. One of them will lose on a trend, the other - on a flat. If the synchronisation is good, the profit may appear more or less stable.
I didn't even think about it.... OK :) When will you be able to write?

I see, I just saw the words "the profit was equal to the maximum loss" and was too lazy to figure it out, so I decided to post it =)

3172552!!! fellow countryman!!! I am from Ivano-Frankivsk!!! What a meeting :)
We'll have to sort this advisor out somehow. :)
Can you help me?

Hello, countryman. Unfortunately, I don't have time at all at the moment. I have a lot of work to do. I cannot say when I will start writing an advisor, and I am not an expert, I only give dubious ideas.

Thank you.
If you don't have time, what can you do? You have to work too :)
Good luck with your work and defence! :)
Reason: