prev_calculated - page 13

Alexey Viktorov:

So stop being stupid together with Fedoseyev and answer the question who gave you the right to forbid the discussion of mql4 in this thread? The discussion is comparable to mql5.

Lack of clarity of thought for statements leave it to those who are better at it.

And in this thread for 12 pages I have only to refute your conjectures, such as that we should zeroize indicator buffers in the loop.

Not to zero; to initialize the elements of an array that is an indicator buffer.

If we take the classical indicator, at the first start or when the history is loaded, all elements of the array are reinitialized - the indicator recalculates its values for all elements of the array, that is, it forcibly assigns certain values to each element of the array - I hope it is clear?

Karputov Vladimir:

Not to zero, but to initialize the elements of the array, which is the indicator buffer.

If we take the classic indicator, then on the first start or when history is loaded, all elements of the array are reinitialized - the indicator recalculates its values for all elements of the array, i.e. it forcibly assigns certain values to each element of the array - I hope this is clear?

I do, but you do not seem to understand it. What is the difference between zeroing an array and filling all the elements with zeroes?

I'm sorry, I've said it again in a way that you don't find convenient. What is the difference between zeroing an array and initializing all the array items with zeroes?

Alexey Viktorov:
It makes sense to me, but it doesn't to you. What is the difference between zeroing an array and filling all the elements with zeros?
What do you understand the term "array zeroing" to mean? The code please.

Karputov Vladimir:
What is your understanding of the term "zeroing of array"? Code please.

Nothing other than assigning ALL elements of the array a value of 0 or 0.0 which is more competent for a double array.

Code? Please, we have an array of type double, it can be zeroed in several ways.

1. in a loop. your suggestion. I'm too lazy to write a loop, you'll see for yourself.

2. ArrayInitialize(array, 0.0);

3. ZeroMemory(array);

So, if I don't need any calculations over the whole history of the indicator, who forbids to assign zeros to ALL elements of the array buffer in the way of 2 or 3 ?

Alexey Viktorov:

///

So if I don't need any calculations on the whole history of the indicator, then who forbids assigning zeros to ALL elements of the buffer array in way 2 or 3 ???

You need it, you do it.

Alexey Viktorov:

Nothing like assigning ALL elements of an array a value of 0 or 0.0 which is more intelligent for a double array.

Code? Please, we have an array of type double, it can be zeroed in several ways.

1. in a loop. your suggestion. I'm too lazy to write a loop, you'll see for yourself.

2. ArrayInitialize(array, 0.0);

3. ZeroMemory(array);

So, if I don't need any calculations over the whole history of the indicator, who forbids to assign zeros to ALL elements of the array buffer in the way of 2 or 3 ?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

prev_calculated

fxsaber, 2016.10.19 07:47

if (rates_total > prev_calculated)
  ArrayFill(Buffer, prev_calculated, rates_total - prev_calculated, EMPTY_VALUE);

fxsaber:

I have seen this. But to explain why it doesn't fit you need to repeat everything from page 7 and a bit before.

No problem in principle, a crutch has been found. Only one question remains: What prevents or makes it difficult to do as in mql4.

Alexey Viktorov:

I have seen this. But to explain why it doesn't fit you need to repeat everything from page 7 and a bit before.

No problem in principle, a crutch has been found. Only one question remains: What prevents or makes it difficult to do as in mql4.

Well find the same primer, learn to read and reread this thread (the answer is in it).

That's it. Can't fight peas bouncing off the wall anymore. Out of the discussion until the weekend.

Alexey Viktorov:

Only one question remains: What prevents or makes it difficult to do as in mql4.

There was no one in this thread who could do it. Instead of contacting those who can (Service Desk), they started arguing and proving their point.

Forum addiction will not do any good. If you have a specific proposal to the developers - contact Service Desk. So far all my requests have been very carefully studied and commented on by the developers. They have made appropriate corrections/additions. Appreciate your time. Less visit the forum.

Reason: