I didn't survive that night (on GBP) - the deposit went negative.

Good afternoon, colleagues.

I woke up on Friday (I had open positions with GBP the day before) and two trading accounts -800.00 USD. The reason - there was not enough deposit at the peak moment. As a result not only I have lost the deposit, but I have also got in debts. Has anybody had such an unpleasant experience? Will the broker make the deposit and repay the loss or will he make a meeting and just reset the accounts?

apollo.lv:

I woke up on Friday (I had open positions with GBP the day before) and two trading accounts -800.00 USD. The reason - there was not enough deposit at the peak moment. As a result not only I have lost the deposit, but I have also got in debts. Has anybody had such an unpleasant experience? Will the broker make the deposit and repay the loss or will he make a meeting and just reset the accounts?

What kind of broker?

Sergey Lazarenko:
What kind of broker?

Broker is not allowed to be named by the moderator. Have you had any experience?

You don't trade on credit but only on your own. So it's their fault that you're in deficit.

I had a similar thing happen to me on Gepa a couple of summers ago. No one from the broker called or wrote, maybe that's why the money was not withdrawn anywhere and the minus was just drawn in the terminal.) IMHO

apollo.lv:

When you make a contract with the broker (you have joined the public offer) the broker gave you the terminal to trade with. For each currency pair in the terminal there is a Stop Out parameter, usually it is 20. This means that with a margin drawdown below 20% the brokerage company MUST have closed all of its orders. I.e. You cannot have a drawdown in principle.

You should feel free to show your brokerage company and demand the restoration of 20% of your margin.

If the type of account is the one where trades are executed on the interbank market, then in theory you owe $800 to your counterparty, and if the trades are executed within the company, the DC should simply zero your account.

Vitalii Ananev:
If the type of account is one where the trades are posted to the interbank market, then in theory you owe $800 to your counterparty, and if the trades are executed internally, the DC should just zero out your account.
You don't need to do this: the transit of the claim is prohibited. The contractual relationship is only with the broker and outside the broker is yada yada.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

When you entered into an agreement with the VC (accession to the public offer), the VC gave you the terminal with which you have been trading. For each currency pair in the terminal there is a "Stop Out" parameter, usually equal to 20. This means that with a margin drawdown below 20% the brokerage company MUST have closed all of its orders. I.e. You cannot have a drawdown in principle.

You should feel free to show your brokerage company and demand the restoration of 20% of your margin.

Stop out as well as the stop loss does not guarantee that the account will not go into deficit in these situations, which occurred with the pound.

СанСаныч Фоменко:
Don't do that: the transit of the claim is forbidden. The contractual relationship is with the broker only, and outside is yada yada.
The counterparty sues the broker the broker sues the client.

Vitalii Ananev:
The counterparty sues the broker the broker the client.
This could probably be it. When I first called I was told that they had insurance and I would not have to pay anything, I just had to write an application to zero out the account. But then they did ask me to send screenshots from the terminal with the"Transaction History" with comments to investigate the situation....
Reason: