I will write the indicator for free - page 68

And the zigzag itself is not displayed, I thought it was the colour of the line. Changed

al38:

Yes I did, but the ATR data does not fit in the zigzag

It's not zigzagging, is it not zigzagging? It's fine for me. I'll take a look at the zigzag.

Александр:

Are they not being set up, are they not being changed? They're changing all right for me. I'll have a look at the zigzag.

They change manually, you mean automatically when you change timeframes.

al38:
manually change, meaning automatically when you change timeframes

Sorry, my mistake. By the way. The ATR chart should be displayed in a separate window? You can't display a separate window and the indicator on the main chart at once. In the file without the ATR chart (this is the new version). Sometimes the zigzag "breaks off" from the main chart. But this also happens in the original ZZ_Orlova.

Files:

Александр:

Sorry, my mistake. ATR chart should be displayed in a separate window? You cannot have a separate window and indicator on the main chart

these two phrases are mutually exclusive - like - display a separate window and indicator on the main chart

decide if you want it separately or on the main chart

Yurij Izyumov:

these two phrases are mutually exclusive - sort of - display a separate window and indicator on the main chart

decide if you want it separately or on the main chart

In the code:

#property indicator_chart_window

и

#property indicator_separate_window

It cannot be displayed in one indicator at a time. At least I don't know how. This is what I'm talking about - You can't display a separate window and an indicator on the main chart at once

Александр:

In the code:

#property indicator_chart_window

и

#property indicator_separate_window

It is not possible to display simultaneously in one indicator. At least I don't know how. This is what I'm talking about - you can not at once display a separate window and indicator on the main chart

yes it is - you can't!

how are you going to scale it on the main chart? it has different units and different values

You can only do it on a separate chart or you can find a way to scale it on the price chart, but i don't think it's necessary

Yurij Izyumov:

that's right - you can't !

how are you going to scale atr on the main graph ? it has different units and values

you can only do it on a separate chart, or you can find a way to scale it on the price chart, but i don't think it's necessary

That's what I wrote about. And in the file without the ATP chart. You can try from high or low with scaling if you really need to.

Can you tell me how to make the indicator work in the strategy tester?
Now in the Strategy Tester only ATR number D5 is not correct, it does not change there at all.
Files:
ATR_D5.mq4  15 kb

Александр:

Sorry, my mistake. By the way. Should the ATR chart be displayed in a separate window? You can't, at once, display a separate window and the indicator on the main chart. In the file without the ATR chart (this is the new version). Sometimes the zigzag "breaks off" from the main chart. But this also happens in the original ZZ_Orlova.

Yes, the zigzag is glitchy, it is written here https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10076. And concerning visibility of ATR data, it is not necessary to display it on the chart. They just have to be substituted in the zigzag settings. When switching timeframes. Since the main indicator is a zigzag, based on ATR.
Reason: