What does a freelancing client pay for for an EA in exp format or for open source code? - page 2

azfaraon:
How do I prove to anyone that this is my Expert Advisor, if I don't even have the source code?

Do you want to chat about the topic -- or do you want a hint on what you should do?

Whether to provide the EA in source code or compiled form is the subject of the TOR.

You did not mention this point in the ToR. You chose a customer who does not provide source code for the agreed price.

Your choice is a mistake or a flaw.

The arbitrator also gave their answer -- what was not specified in the TOR -- and the Developer is not responsible for it.

What's best to do now -- you're also told -- make your choice.

azfaraon:

I've ordered nine jobs myself and I had no idea anyone would refuse to give me an open code.

I'm not ready to pay for a pig in a poke.

Everyone knows what a closed code is. There can be anything inside it, up to and including trading restrictions for a certain period of time .

He wants to sell me my own code for more money.

Give me the name of the hero!

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Name of the hero in the studio!
I can, of course, write the name of the programmer, but I think he can read it himself and explain the reason why he does not give me the code?

azfaraon:
I can of course write the name of the programmer, but I think he can read it himself and explain the reason why he does not give me the code?
No. Such a person is unlikely to explain anything.

azfaraon:
I can of course write the name of the programmer, but I think he can read it and explain the reason why he does not give me the code.

Don't give in to provocation. There is a difference -- a) discussing the best way to proceed and how it should be right -- and b) discussing the nuances of the agreement.

If I were a moderator -- if you were a programmer now -- I'd ban you and delete this thread.

There is Freelance and there are Freelance rules and facilities to discuss agreements.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
No. Someone like that will hardly explain anything.

Why? Are you proud?

Andrey F. Zelinsky, why didn't he warn you from the start that he wouldn't give out the open code? Was he doing it deliberately from the very beginning?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Don't give in to provocation. There is a difference -- a) discussing the best way to proceed and how it should be right -- and b) discussing the nuances of the agreement.

If I were a moderator -- if you were a programmer now -- I'd ban you and delete this thread.

There is Freelance and there are Freelance rules and facilities to discuss agreements.

What kind of provocation is that?

azfaraon:

Why? Are you proud?

Andrey F. Zelinsky, why didn't he warn you from the start that he wouldn't give out the open code? Was he doing everything on purpose from the very beginning?

Was this programmer Zelinsky? Or did you appeal to Zelinsky?

azfaraon:

Why? Are you proud?

Andrey F. Zelinsky, why didn't he warn you from the start that he wouldn't give out the open code? Was he doing it on purpose from the very beginning?

How do I know why he did that? Maybe that's his rule.

The fact is -- he didn't break anything -- you screwed up.

azfaraon:

Why? Proud or something?

It's like in Prostokvashino:

- To buy something, you must first sell something.

--

To explain, you must first understand.

Reason: