Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 131

Реter Konow:

I just needed such an example of FF.

The one in the task with the text differs from this one.

There was a string, and here - an analytical function.

That's why I asked for an example.

It's no different. NOTHING. Here and there, the input is numbers and the output is a number. This is enough to know, while you don't need to know what's inside, be it numbers, letters or Saint Keyboard's mantra. It doesn't matter, it shouldn't affect the work of the optimization algorithm, you never know what will be in the Championship FF, it may be text, it may be an analytical function, it may be noise, or it may be a mix of all of them. It is important to be able to connect to the championship FF, send it a numeric set of parameters and get back the numeric value of the FF. Look at the interface, it is very clear and transparent.

The text FF example is no different from the FF example shown today, they have the same interface, and that is all the contestants need to know, because what will actually happen inside the FF is known only to the referee god.

Last time you got attached to the content of the FF, you used knowledge of the content - this is unacceptable, I pointed it out to you. Will you participate - now don't get attached to today's example... Although... I don't care, stick to it, thereby securing your first place at the bottom of the table... Listen to what I'm saying at last and you'll be fine.

I don't know if anyone here can explain it more clearly, but I can't, sorry. Ask Yuri, Dmitry, or Sergei, maybe they can explain it better than I can.

Andrey Dik:

1. Nothing is different. NOTHING. Here and there, the input is numbers and the output is a number. This is enough to know, while you don't need to know what's inside, be it numbers, letters or mantra of Saint Keyboard. It doesn't matter, it shouldn't affect the optimization algorithm in any way, you never know what will be in the Championship FF, it can be text, it can be an analytical function, it can be noise, or it can be a mix of all. It is important to be able to connect to the championship FF, send a numeric parameter set to it and get the numeric value of the FF back. Look at the interface, everything is very clear and transparent.

2. The text FF example is no different from the FF example shown today, they have the same interface, and that's all the participants need to know, because what will actually happen inside the FF is known only to the referee god.

3. Last time you got attached to the FF content, you used knowledge of the content - this is unacceptable, I pointed it out to you. Will you participate - now don't get attached to today's example... Although... I don't care, stick to it, thereby securing your first place at the bottom of the table... Listen to what I'm saying at last and you'll be fine.

I don't know if anyone here can explain it more clearly, but I can't, sorry. Ask Yuri, Dmitry or Sergei, maybe they can explain it better than I can.

1. the interface of the connection is clear. I understood everything, except FF. Now I understand the FF.

3. You obviously misunderstood me. I wanted to see an example of a FF with an analytic function to understand what we are talking about. What you have now shown is enough for me.

Реter Konow:

1) The connection interface is clear. Everything was understandable except the FF. Now the FF is clear too.

3. You obviously misunderstood me. I wanted to see an example of a FF with an analytic function to understand what we are talking about. What you have now shown is enough for me.

It doesn't matter what's inside. What is important is a unified connection interface. Look, in the attachment there is a compiled FF, I could only give it, it's enough to check if your algo is correctly accessing the library with the FF.

Naturally, the TF will have a completely different content, but the connection to it will remain the same.

Files:
ff.ex5  7 kb

Andrey Dik:

... at least the mantra of St. Clavatury.

Stanislav Lem, judging by his style.) You must have read it.) My idol.

Andrey Dik:

It doesn't matter what's inside. What is important is a unified connection interface. Look, in the attachment there is a compiled FF, I could only give it, it is enough to check if your algo is correctly accessing the library with the FF.

Naturally, there will be an FF with completely different contents on the champ, but the connection to it will remain the same.

Ok. I'll look into it.

Реter Konow:
Stanislav Lem, judging by his style.) You must have read it.) My idol.

Sure. A bit slow in unwinding, in his usual way, but very interesting, I've probably read it all.

Shackley's more to my liking.

Andrey Dik:

Sure. A bit slow in unwinding, in his usual way, but very interesting, I've probably read it all.

Shackley's more to my liking.

Lem's not just a sci-fi guy. A thinker. Have you read "The Sum of Technology"? It's great!

I don't know much about Shackley. I'll read it.

Реter Konow:

Lem's not just a sci-fi writer. A thinker. Have you read The Sum of Technology? It's great!

I am not familiar with Shackley. I will read it.

Hmmm... strange, missed it for some reason, haven't read it, thanks.

On it I suggest to stop discussion of classics of a science fiction, very much it (a science fiction, approx. topikstarter) love, but it is expressionless, within this branch, love, I suggest to be engaged in other, secluded and suitable for it places of a forum. Thank you for understanding.

Andrey Dik:

Hmm... strange, missed it for some reason, haven't read it, thanks.

On it I suggest to stop discussion on classics of a science fiction, very much it (a science fiction, a comment of the topikstarter) love, but it is without the subject, within this branch, love, I suggest to be engaged in other, secluded and suitable for it places of a forum. Thank you for understanding.

Of course, I didn't intend to continue this thread).

Corrected the values in the FF example, otherwise an error would occur

min  = 0.1;
 max  = 10.0;
step = 0.1;   
Reason: