Supporting hedging MT5 - page 16

Алексей Тарабанов:
Savages...

Why? Most major providers provide their own API.

Not to be confused with MT4/5, this is real for the 'beggar' market

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Questions from Beginners

Anton Zverev, 2016.06.09 15:06

Please help me to switch from MT4 to MT5.

When I open position in 4 and close it, I see in the history that such and such position was opened then and closed there. It is all in one line. It is convenient and familiar. The ticket number is the same.

In Five, it's several lines. But in the hedge mode, the ticket and order numbers do not match when opening and closing. How can we determine via GUI at which price one of the hedge positions has closed? What was its SL and TP at the time of closing?

Also, if I delete a Limit order, the history shows only the date of its deletion, but nothing about when I set it, what were its open, take and stop prices.

I racked my brains, but did not understand how to reconstruct what was happening in the account. I have not understood the logic. In a four, it's simple and straightforward. Help me with the five!

I have read all the articles and understood the difference between "deals", "tickets", "orders" and "positions". But I still have a gap in understanding the history.

The problem is with hedge accounts. Who solves it?

I'm asking for help in dealing with a fiver in Hedge Mode!

I manually open a position and a pending order with an expiry date. Screenshot

The expiry date is not shown!

Then I open SL and TP for the position. Screenshot

After that I wait for six minutes and press the cross on the right side of each line to close positions and delete the pending.

I get the corresponding entries in the history.

Screenshot "Orders and Deals

Screenshot "Orders".

Screenshot "Deals".

I'm looking at these three versions of history very carefully and I cannot reproduce the history with these data.

Namely, there is no data

1. What time the pending order was deleted.
  2. Which positions were closed first and which ones later. We cannot determine this by the ticket and order numbers.
  3. What SL and TP were at the positions at the moment of closing.
  4. What date of escaping was at the pending order at the moment of closing.

Well, I am upset because I cannot read the history. You can see everything at once in 4. Nothing is clear here and it seems it cannot be clear, because the huge amount of information provided by the four is simply missing in the history of the five.

What am I doing wrong? Similar situation in the tester. I look the history of the backtest and do not understand anything, because the history of the tester contains a lot of information on positions and pending orders! And the fourth shows everything, and this despite the fact that the visualization of history in four even several times more compact!

Who is reading the history? In the tester of the fourth one it was elementary to find an error in my trading robot based on the history. I cannot do it in five, no matter how hard I try. Only the visualization mode helps when I am looking at current open positions and understand what is going on. But as soon as I close them, it is better not to even look into the History, because there is no way to find out what was before closing.

Developers, are you going to change situation with history displaying in Hedge-mode? It's some kind of hell and Israel right now. Because of this, switching from 4 to 5 is just unimaginable for me. How can I watch the history of trades on my real, if it almost does not show anything!

I rewrote my TS from 4 to 5. My testers are showing almost the same result. I.e. I rewrote it correctly. I`m afraid to use it for real trading because I`m afraid to understand my trading history. I`m asking for help, I`m exhausted!

Enable Order and Transaction history display mode.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Enable Order and Transaction history display mode.
Screenshots of all three History modes are shown above.

Anton Zverev:

There is no data

1. At what time the pendulum was removed.
  2. Which position was closed first and which one later. The ticket and order numbers cannot be used to determine this.
  3. What SL and TP were at the positions at the moment of closing.
  4. What was the date of escaping from the pending order at the moment of closing.

1. The date of deletion is in the Order section

2) It is not determined by the ticket, but only by closing date in MT4 and in MT5.

3. This can only be extracted from MQL5 for now, but we will also try to display it in the history

4. For now it may be extracted only from MQL5, but we will try to display it in the history or at least in tooltips.

It will be in the next build.

Anton Zverev:
I have provided screenshots of all three modes of history reflection above.

I am not quite sure I understand it correctly, but I will explain my vision.

In the screenshot "Orders and Deals" the lines in order...

1. request to open a position

2. Response is correct, position 1185407 is assigned to the ticket

3. and 4. the same, second position

5. A pending order has been placed but has not activated.

6. request to close position

7. reply that request was executed

8. and 9. same for the second position

I have not yet understood how a pending order activation looks like.

We can determine which order is closed by dragging 1 line (according to the screenshot) to the chart. The trend will have a name consisting of a position ticket and a closing order ticket, i.e. the tickers in lines 2 and 7.

Renat Fatkhullin:

1. The date of deletion is in the "Order" section

Indeed, didn't notice.

2. It is not determined by the ticket, but only by the closing date in both MT4 and MT5.

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine that. For example, it is impossible to answer the question at what price a position was closed with the opening ticket 1256925 (first line in the first screenshot) .

3. It can only be extracted from MQL5 so far, but we will try to display it in the history as well.

4. This can only be extracted from MQL5 at the moment, but we will try to display it in the history or at least in tooltips.

It will be in the next build.

Thank you. Can you tell me if it is possible to create a report in MQL5 that will be similar to the one in MT4? I.e., is all information (fields) available in MQL5 that is available in MT4 History? If so, is there any example of how it can be done? Third-party monitoring services that were customized for MT4 were able to adapt to MT5 net, but they still display MT5 Hedge History as net.

How about introducing the exact same Histories display for the Hedge accounts as in MT4 (the most user-friendly and easy to understand of all platforms I've seen)?

Alexey Viktorov:

I am not quite sure I understand it correctly, but I will explain my vision.

Thank you for your willingness to help!

In the screenshot "Orders and Deals" the lines in order...

1. request to open a position

2. Response that the request was executed, position ticket 1185407 was assigned

This position ticket is not displayed in the "Trade" tab. The 'Order' number is displayed there. Why - I do not know. It seems to be more logical to display just the ticket of the position. But this does not bother us too much.

3. and 4. the same, second position

5. A pending order has been placed but has not activated.

6. request to close a position

7. response that the request has been completed

8. and 9. same for the second position

I have not yet understood what the activation of pending orders looks like.

We can determine which order is closed by dragging 1 line (according to the screenshot) to the chart. The trend will have a name consisting of a position ticket and a closing order ticket, i.e. the tickers in lines 2 and 7.

Yes, I have also noticed that there are objects on the chart. But, it appears that we can only use these objects to somehow understand which order must correspond to which position. It turns out that we should follow the procedure of dragging each order to the chart, memorizing the data on objects obtained in the chart and then searching for them in History and comparing them. This is a wild dance with tambourines!

I think we need a simple thing, like in MT4. I just want to understand from the history what and how has happened. I want to understand the History and what has happened. I am ready to use self-written MT4 report for MT5 history in MQL5. But where can I find information on how to get the required fields in MQL5? It's disastrous for me to work in tester with great features. I've already written above, I won't repeat it.

People seem to be trading through the hedge mode of the A's without looking at History.
Reason: