Supporting hedging MT5 - page 2

Alexey Viktorov:

I think you are talking about different things. Alexei, according to my observations, trades in the forex market, and you, apparently, in a fund, or whatever... I do not want to offend anyone, I just do not know how to put it properly. So there's a misunderstanding of each other...

Yeah, Forts. But the bottom line is the same. For example, there is Eurobucks on Forts with the same quotes, but not the main point. I want to understand the meaning of hedging in terms of opposite positions. It is in forex.

In Forts it is no problem to arrange it as well.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Yes, on Forts. But the point is the same. Let's say Eurobucks is also available on Forts with the same quotes, but not the point. I want to understand the meaning of hedging in terms of opposite positions. I want to understand the meaning of hedging in terms of opposite positions, especially on Forex.

In Forts it is no problem to arrange it as well.

Only you do not take into account the small fact that forex, maybe I do not know, does not exist or not all brokerage companies have futures and indices for currencies. That said, they provide leverage *** compared to FORTS. And in general, the idea of hedging a stock with its futures is very interesting. I would like to discuss it with someone, but I'm ashamed to bother people because I have absolutely ZERO trading on FORTS....

Yes, I understand that they are interested in hedging as such, without any connection to forex or the stock market or...

In my opinion, there is no point in a hedge at all. (Except for psychological)

Negative lock is already a fixed loss, whatever way you look at it. This loss just exists and hangs there, and does not increase or decrease.

This is just a psychological self-deception. Another thing is that this self-deception can help some people. As if orders have not been closed, it means we have not lost anything yet.

And besides, if we take a position, then the orders take a deposit, even if it is not too big (usually only one order in a lot pulls up the deposit).

And it means that the depo has decreased for other maneuvers and Uncle Kolya has become closer.

Alexey Viktorov:
Only you do not take into account the small fact that forex, maybe I just do not know, no or not all brokerage companies have futures and indices for currencies. That said, they provide leverage *** compared to FORTS. And in general, the idea of hedging a stock with its futures is very interesting. I would like to discuss it with someone, but it's embarrassing to strain people because I have absolutely ZERO trading on FORTS.

Let's discuss. MT is on Forts, maybe also on the fund, soon options in MT will appear. I think it will not be considered as rubbish if you start a thread? And others will come along, I'll say something, others will say something. Could be interesting.

However, the idea of such hedging is not new. But here we have intraday hedging. Probably not new either.

Alexey Viktorov:

It seems to me you are talking about different things. Alexei, according to my observations, trades in the forex market, and you, apparently, in a fund, or whatever... I do not want to offend anyone, I just do not know how to put it properly. That's why there is a misunderstanding of each other...

There's truth in that, there's a slightly different structure to the Fora. There is one thing but... but not in lots.

You talk about hedging, Alexei and I talk about lots, you can't make a lock on futures and shares, only a hedge, but any platform supports that. That's why you are not interested in MT5, you just don't use it. But I am interested, while I'm still trading forex and locks make a profit.

Dmytro Zelenskyy:

I understand that they are interested in hedging as such, without any connection to forex or exchanges or...

Negative lock is already a fixed loss, whatever way you look at it. This loss just exists and hangs there, and does not increase or decrease.

This is just a psychological self-deception. Another thing is that this self-deception can help some people. As if orders have not been closed, it means we have not lost anything yet.

And besides, if we take a position, then the orders take a deposit, even if it is not too big (usually only one order in a lot pulls up the deposit).

And this means that the depot has become smaller for other manoeuvres and Uncle Kolya has become closer.

You are now describing inept handling of lots, I agree with that one hundred percent. But in skillful hands the lock is a constant profit with minimal drawdowns, and it does not matter how good the quality of entering the position is, the lock will bring profit. My screenshot is on the first page

But a stop loss is clearly a fixed loss. Of course, it is very difficult to lock hands, you need a bot, and without the bot you might oversleep at the right moment, and then Mykola will come knocking on the door.

Dmytro Zelenskyy:

Yes, I understand that they are interested in hedging as such, without any connection to forex or the stock market or...

And it means that the depot has become smaller for other maneuvers and Uncle Kolya has become closer.

To understand the meaning of this action, run the script for MT5, which marks the day, on which the script is thrown, into two zones, +20 old-mode pips and -20 pips from the opening of the day. It is not absolutely accurate (spread is not taken into account), but it is enough to understand it, then calculate how many profitable days there will be, if you put at 00:00 every day two lock orders with take 20 pips each. Then pick the most profitable currency. This is the second part of the strategy.

Script text.

/********************************************************************\
                                                           20-20.mq5 |
                                                            Viktorov |
                                                   v4forex@yandex.ru |
\********************************************************************/
#property copyright "Viktorov"
#property link      "v4forex@yandex.ru"
#property version   "1.00"

//MqlDateTime mqlDateTime;
MqlRates    mqlRates[1];

/********************Script program start function*******************/
void OnStart()
{
  double point = _Digits%2 == 0 ? _Point : _Point*10;
   datetime dt = ChartTimeOnDropped();
    if(CopyRates(_Symbol, PERIOD_D1, dt, 1, mqlRates) < 0)
     Print("Фигня какая-та...");
      string objName = TimeToString(mqlRates[0].time, TIME_DATE);
       ObjectCreate(0, objName, OBJ_TREND, 0, mqlRates[0].time, mqlRates[0].open, mqlRates[0].time+PeriodSeconds(PERIOD_D1), mqlRates[0].open);
        ObjectCreate(0, objName+"+20", OBJ_TREND, 0, mqlRates[0].time, mqlRates[0].open+20*point, mqlRates[0].time+PeriodSeconds(PERIOD_D1), mqlRates[0].open+20*point);
         ObjectCreate(0, objName+"-20", OBJ_TREND, 0, mqlRates[0].time, mqlRates[0].open-20*point, mqlRates[0].time+PeriodSeconds(PERIOD_D1), mqlRates[0].open-20*point);
          ObjectSetInteger(0, objName, OBJPROP_HIDDEN, false);
         ObjectSetInteger(0, objName, OBJPROP_SELECTABLE, true);
        ObjectSetInteger(0, objName+"+20", OBJPROP_HIDDEN, false);
       ObjectSetInteger(0, objName+"+20", OBJPROP_SELECTABLE, true);
      ObjectSetInteger(0, objName+"-20", OBJPROP_HIDDEN, false);
     ObjectSetInteger(0, objName+"-20", OBJPROP_SELECTABLE, true);
}/*******************************************************************/
Files:
20-20.mq5  2 kb

Dmytro Zelenskyy:

I understand that they are interested in hedging as such, without any reference to forex or exchanges or...

In my opinion, there is no point in a hedge at all. (Except psychologically)

If you are talking about hedging without reference, then I disagree. In stock and forts it is a useful tool. There is a difference if the instruments are different stocks-futures, futures-options etc. Let's say intraday with stocks is not very rational. Say, 5 transactions, this input-output - 0.06 *5 = 0.3% Not bad for the day, the commission. Yes, I've already written. By the way, many brokers have bigger commission for shares.

But the hedging of the instrument by oneself, by a counterposition. I don't get it. My index will have to be unblocked at some point, and for sure. But then what prevented them from closing and exactly the same way to open a new one. In terms of money (commission - spread) I do not see any profit here.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There's truth in that, there's a slightly different structure on the Fora. There is one thing but... but not in locks.

You talk about hedge, Alexei and I talk about lots, on futures and stocks you can't do a lot, only a hedge, but any platform supports that. That's why you are not interested in MT5, you just don't use it. But I am interested, while I'm still trading forex and locks make a profit.

No, Vitaly, that's not the point. The post above...

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I do not understand. Please explain why a hedged account is needed. I understand that in this context, we are talking, as in MT4, about multidirectional trades on the same instrument. What for? And how it can be used?
This way you can have two EAs running on the same account
Reason: