A single quality indicator for the strategy - page 8

There are some flaws in the proposed version, namely in the instability value. I have applied a different algorithm.

And here's an interesting topic. Does it work in the end? What indicator did you choose? Is it used on the real world?

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:

I propose to come up with/develop a single coefficient showing the quality of the strategy, which will take into account its many characteristics (profit, drawdown, number of trades,...). In MT5 it is possible to use this.

This kind of task can be solved graphically:

Profit and drawdown are indicated in stop loss. The three values used in the functions shown in the graph do not contain such important information about the strategy as "growth stability", in part only the drawdown.

The result of these functions can simply be multiplied, resulting in a single number, which can be used to judge the overall quality of the strategy.

A long time ago it was invented - the sortino coefficient on the daily gains of the lows of the equity graph.

locmanf2:
It was invented long ago - the sortino coefficient by daily increments of Equity graph minimums.

With amendments

1. it must be counted on a statistically significant number of trades

2. Daily is not suitable for active intraday.

Aleksey Mavrin:

With amendments

1. it must be counted on a statistically significant number of trades

2. Daily is not suitable for active intraday.

How many minimum transactions would it take to adequately calculate Sortino?

Mihail Marchukajtes:
How many trades minimum do you need to adequately calculate Sortino?

It depends on what is considered adequate. It's all about statistical validity, and the exact value depends a lot on the strategy itself, mainly its volatility of returns.

I asked a similar question in this threadhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/329200

For Sortino it is necessary to estimate separately, I think roughly it can be done by estimating the reliability of the average profitability of the transaction.

Aleksey Mavrin:

It depends on what is considered adequate. It's all about statistical validity, and the exact value depends heavily on the strategy itself, mainly its volatility of returns.

I asked a similar question in this threadhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/329200

For Sortino it is necessary to estimate separately, I think roughly it can be done by estimating the reliability of the average profitability of the transaction.

For example, I have 40-60 trades in my training and I want to calculate Sortino. Will it be enough?

Mihail Marchukajtes:
Well for example I have 40-60 trades in my training and I want to calculate Sortino. Would that be enough?

It is perfectly correct to say that adequacy can be determined in different ways. One standard matstat approach is to findthe confidence interval. Another possible approach is to test the statistical hypothesis that the coefficient is greater than a given value.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:

I propose to come up with/develop a single coefficient showing the quality of the strategy, which will take into account its many characteristics (profit, drawdown, number of trades,...). In MT5 it is possible to use this.

This kind of task can be solved graphically:

Profit and drawdown are indicated in stop loss. The three values used in the functions shown in the graph do not contain such important information about the strategy as "growth stability", in part only the drawdown.

The result of these functions can simply be multiplied, resulting in one number, which can be used to judge the overall quality of the strategy.

There is one indicator of strategy quality - future profit.

And since no one knows the future - so it is impossible to evaluate the quality of the strategy at all. For example, this is why 99.99% of the products on the Market are crap in terms of "future profit".

The only place where you can talk about a quality strategy not in the future is the strategy of institutional speculators with big bucks: so much money for fake news (to unhinge the market), so much money for price appreciation, for example, and so much money for shorts, the profit from which should pay off the costs.

You guys are a mess. I thought the question was a simple one. For example, there are calculations which cannot be calculated with less than 100 trades. Otherwise, this coefficient can be used for comparison of two or more strategies obtained as a result of optimization for obvious understanding of which one is better. To the question how it can be used.....
Reason: