The fate of the world's currencies in the wake of the demise of the dollar. - page 30

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

Unfortunately, I have to say that the dialogue with you is not productive. Because instead of talking about the body of the problem, you've gone to individual words. It seems that you deliberately do not see the full meaning of the written words. Moreover - deliberately switch the dialogue to individual words taken out of context.
Well, it's your day off and you're probably just having fun.
After several pages of pointless argument, you finally got back to my reasoning about the future of the American dollar. Where I cannot agree with any of the above scenarios.

It is better to agree with your own scenarios... Well, at least with one - they are your own scenarios.

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

Oh, you mean...! Well... So much fuss over nothing.
Well, now we can have a productive conversation.
See for yourself, it's just a thought-provoking assumption, not an assertion.
And when you don't get paid back, will you deal with that person in the future?

Now that is a very sensible point in the context of this thread's topic!

Now I'll give you a hint - US Treasury Bonds are the ONLY STATE BILL IN THE WORLD WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN DEFOLTED IN SEVERAL HUNDREDS OF HIS LIFE.

Speaking of US government debt - why does the rest of the world buy it (including Russia)?

Igor Konyashin:

What kind of market is being created when people's incomes have been falling for a year in a row? Who is going to buy? How can there be any development in such a situation?
Russians are getting poorer for the third year
What kind of investment climate is being created when the country is under sanctions? And more are being prepared?
Who will invest foreign currency in a country where asset prices have halved in 2014-2015, not even against the dollar, but against the Thai baht (sic!)?

I don't know if there is a thread on this forum discussing the development of Russia, and also, the prospects for the ruble.
If not - open a thread (or invite me into an existing one) I will come and have a dialogue with you there.
Here we are talking about the fate of the American dollar.
So, tell it to everyone's advantage. Tell us your opinion. What do YOU think of the dollar?

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:
I don't know if there is a thread on this forum discussing the development of Russia, and the prospects for the rouble.
If not, open a thread I will come and have a dialogue with you there.
Here we are talking about the fate of the American dollar.
So, tell us for the benefit of all. Tell us your opinion. What do YOU think of the dollar?

here's what I think, for example:

- dollar notes are very nice...

- they accept banknotes from the last century and the century before that...

- you want to have a lot of nice notes like that...

- I think other normal guys think the same way I do...

- I also think that "tell it all for the benefit of all..."

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:
I don't know if there is a thread on this forum discussing the development of Russia and, also, the prospects for the ruble.

I propose that the rouble should be regarded as a world currency.

Дмитрий:

Now that is a very sensible point in the context of this thread's topic!

Now I'll give you a hint - US Treasury Bonds are the ONLY STATE BILL IN THE WORLD WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN DEFOLTED IN SEVERAL HUNDREDS OF HIS LIFE.

Talking about the U.S. national debt - why the whole world is buying it (including Russia).

Finally, you have come down to earth.
That's what you missed in my text:
-By the way, even in spite of the monstrous national debt, even in spite of geopolitics and other difficulties in which the U.S. is stuck, U.S. government bonds are still considered one of the safest investments.
So, as you can see for yourself, you are arguing with me about something on which we, in principle, have similar views.
I don't see why you had to hurt me with your unfriendly statement without getting to the bottom of what you wrote.
Oh yeah, it's the day off.
You're probably having fun too.
No offence, but you speak first and only then begin to think and reread the text to which I return you. And surprisingly diligently, only in different words are you trying to make the point that I mean it too. This is an argument about nothing.
Pity. Not a productive dialogue with you or our colleague the other Dimitri.

Denis Sartakov:

- the dollar notes are very nice...

- ...I'd like to have more of those beautiful notes...

Nah. If I want to have them, my choice is precious metal coins. It's heavier, it's more versatile, it's... rock and metal is everything.

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:
I don't know if there is a thread on this forum discussing the development of Russia and, also, the prospects for the ruble.
I propose that Russia be regarded as the cradle and vanguard of world civilisation

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:
You finally came down to earth.
That's what you missed in my text:
- "...By the way, even in spite of the monstrous national debt, even in spite of geopolitics and other difficulties in which the U.S. is stuck, U.S. government bonds are still considered one of the safest investments.
So, as you can see for yourself, you are arguing with me about something on which we, in principle, have similar views.
I don't see why you had to hurt me with your unfriendly statement without getting to the bottom of what you wrote.
Oh yeah, it's the day off.
You're probably having fun too.
No offence, but you speak first and only then begin to think and reread the text to which I return you. And surprisingly diligently, only in different words are you trying to make the point that I mean it too. This is an argument about nothing.
Pity. Not a productive dialogue with you or our colleague the other Dimitri.

Maybe we are not the problem. Maybe you mistakenly started out describing the "youthfulness of the US state" and when your mistake was pointed out you just started being stupid because it didn't fit your beliefs, but you couldn't refute it - it was too obvious?

Andrew Petras:

I propose that the rouble be considered a world currency.

I support

Reason: