Experts: RoNz Simple Scalper Rapid-Fire Strategy EA - page 2

darrylh:

I'm using MT4, if there's a better place to put this feedback, please advise. (The link I clicked in from MT4 takes me here)

Does not work in Strategy Tester with my broker (OctaFX-Demo (Build 765) which is odd, b/c this worked for Stuuupid), when I attempt to run I get 1 or 2 successful trades, then it stops and the Journal tab is spammed with "OrderSend error 131", which indicates ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME, or, that the EA is trying to use a volume that is outside the range of my broker.

For my broker:
From MarketInfo()

MODE_LOTSIZE =100000.0
MODE_MINLOT=0.1
MODE_LOTSTEP=0.1
MODE_MAXLOT=1000.0

To see your brokers values:

Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE));
Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT));
Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSTEP));
Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MAXLOT));

If you can make a fix for this issue where it adjusts for the individual brokers lot size restrictions, I would be willing to re-test and re-rate.

Yes,this should be the problem. This EA only works on brokers with minimum/step lots = 0.01. I'll consider to fix it soon.

Hi Roni what are the rules your EA uses to trade please? I just want to put an mt4 template together to test out some settings changes on the 1min chart to scalp with your ea.

I'll post my findings.

Thanks

sandybeachit:
Hi Roni what are the rules your EA uses to trade please? I just want to put an mt4 template together to test out some settings changes on the 1min chart to scalp with your ea.

I'll post my findings.

Thanks

Buy:

+ Price above MA

+ Price crossing PSAR down.

Sell:

+ Price below MA

+ Price crossing PSAR up.

Roni Nafrianto:

Buy:

+ Price above MA

+ Price crossing PSAR down.

Sell:

+ Price below MA

+ Price crossing PSAR up.

Thanks Roni, i have found changing PSAR Step to 0.01 instead of the default 0.02 gives more profit as well as only trading between 0800 - 1700 London UK times.

This has helped to eliminate alot of losses.

Since running on M1 since the 13th of May i have had the following results:

May 13th: +27.3 pips

May 14th: + 34 pips

May 18th: + 27 pips

May 19th: - 72.4 pips 

So in total i am up 15.60 pips since i started running this EA, this is on Tickmills servers. So far i have had 31 trades.

how have you guys got on trading M1 with this EA ? Im not sure if today was just a bad day or the first three days were down to luck?  

sandybeachit:

Thanks Roni, i have found changing PSAR Step to 0.01 instead of the default 0.02 gives more profit as well as only trading between 0800 - 17000800 - 1700 FREE0800 - 17000800 - 1700 FREE FREE London UK times.

This has helped to eliminate alot of losses.

Since running on M1 since the 13th of May i have had the following results:

May 13th: +27.3 pips

May 14th: + 34 pips

May 18th: + 27 pips

May 19th: - 72.4 pips 

So in total i am up 15.60 pips since i started running this EA, this is on Tickmills servers. So far i have had 31 trades.

how have you guys got on trading M1 with this EA ? Im not sure if today was just a bad day or the first three days were down to luck?  

Thanks for your information. :) Have you try not to trade on high impact news?
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Roni Nafrianto:
Thanks for your information. :) Have you try not to trade on high impact news?

I actually left the EA running 24/7 just to see what happened :)

What about if we added a news filter to say not trade one hour before and after a major news event and use the forex factory calendar api so the robot uses the api to determine what the news event it (ie. low, medium or high) then take the high ones and not trade before and after then.

All we would need to then add is a GMT shift field so say one broker is +1 GMT and another is + 3, each person running the EA can set the GMT time based on their broker without having to edit the code.

Did you get better performance avoiding the high impact news? 

sandybeachit:

I actually left the EA running 24/7 just to see what happened :)

What about if we added a news filter to say not trade one hour before and after a major news event and use the forex factory calendar api so the robot uses the api to determine what the news event it (ie. low, medium or high) then take the high ones and not trade before and after then.

All we would need to then add is a GMT shift field so say one broker is +1 GMT and another is + 3, each person running the EA can set the GMT time based on their broker without having to edit the code.

Did you get better performance avoiding the high impact news? 

Not tested yet. :D

Adding news filter will be great idea.

That might help things a bit, what might be best is to have options like this:

Trade News - Low  

Trade News - Medium

Trade News - High

Trade News - NFP Days

Trade - Sunday

Trade - Friday after 1500

All of the above should be down as a true/false so everyone on this thread can do their own testing. 

Hi have you tried to turn this EA into a non-martingale EA ? what about if we look for ways to cut out the bad trades to leave just the good ones so martingale is not needed ?

Is so simple. good job but I think need some filters for entry and exit 

Reason: