CHF convulsion - page 2

angevoyageur:

As you said, the "trick would be not to be on the wrong end of a move". Don't forget that the leverage works also for the losses, the first basic rule while trading being to preserve your capital.

Moderators at mql5.com are normal members to which Metaquotes (owner of the site) give some power to manage to forum. Usually they are the most dedicated members trying to help others.

You are welcome to continue the discussion here, or in private if you prefer.

My Newbie focus is learning to study and assess price volatility and patterns associated with the EUR/USD, GBP/USD, NZD/USD & USD/CHF markets. What is the typical leverage ratio for positions opened in a OANDA MetaTrader account with those currency contracts?

JSLIPTON:
My Newbie focus is learning to study and assess price volatility and patterns associated with the EUR/USD, GBP/USD, NZD/USD & USD/CHF markets. What is the typical leverage ratio for positions opened in a OANDA MetaTrader account with those currency contracts?
For Oanda it's maximum 1:50 leverage I think. Of course, you can choose an other one, it depends of the strategy, the money management and the risk you are ready to take.
Reason: