MetaEditor - page 7

As you'd expect, I've put some rough software and it's working. Tomorrow I'll try to finish it, put the beta up for testing and write an article with a small description.

I can't remember the terminal yet and most likely there will be problems with access rights, but it's all solvable.

So. After a field test, it turns out that both MTs (both 4 and 5) rewrite the opening of their extensions, both terminal and ME, when started.

I kind of wrote everything, but it turns out, the thing in principle is not much needed.

In order to open mqh mq4 mq5 files, you must first open MetaEditor of the required terminal -- if it is open -- close and reopen.

To open files from the Market, you must first open the required terminal, and if it is open, close and reopen it.

Комбинатор:

So. After a field test, it turns out that both MTs (both 4 and 5) rewrite the opening of their extensions, both terminal and ME, when started.

I kind of wrote everything, but it turns out, the thing in principle is not much needed.

In order to open mqh mq4 mq5 files, you must first open MetaEditor of the required terminal -- if it is open -- close and reopen.

To open files from the Market, you must first open the required terminal, and if it is open, close and reopen it.

Where do they overwrite -- in the registry? I just looked in the registry and couldn't find it right away.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Where do they overwrite - in the registry? I just looked in the registry and couldn't find it right away.

Here's one from

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MQL4.File\shell\open\command

By the way. There might be a problem with instructions on Win8+, because there seems to be no legal way to automatically set what to open file type with.

But I'll check that tomorrow.

Комбинатор:

Here's one from

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MQL4.File\shell\open\command

Funny, my value in this key is C:\Forex\School\MT5_Roboforex\metaeditor64.exe "%1". The same is true for MQL5.

Naturally, .mq4 has been opened in the editor of MQL5.

Комбинатор:

To open files from the Market, it is necessary beforehand to open the required terminal - close and reopen if it is open.

This is not the case with me (wine 8).

The files are opened in the fifth editor without the portable key. It doesn't matter which editor was opened last.

In 8 and above you need to look. There it may be that either the first or the last one installed always starts. I suspect the first one.

If so, my software will still be useful on 8, once it is refined

Комбинатор:

In 8 and above, you need to look. There it may be that either the first or the last one installed always starts. I suspect the first one.

If so, my software will still be useful on 8, once it is refined

My Expert Advisor opens in 7 wherever a terminal or editor was last started, it does not matter if it is МТ4 or МТ5. When MQL4 file is launched under MT5 editor, it's an obvious bug. I haven't noticed it until now, as I launch terminals and editors explicitly from Total Commander or .bat files.

I've finished it. It's not perfect, but it's quite usable.
Решение проблемы открытия файлов нужным терминалом. MTSelector.
Решение проблемы открытия файлов нужным терминалом. MTSelector.
  • Комбинатор
  • www.mql5.com
У MT4 да и у МТ5 есть проблема с открытием файлов. Если у вас в системе установлено несколько терминалов, без наличия сноровки открытие файла нужным терминалом превращается в увлекательный квест,...
Reason: