FORTS looking for MT5 trader - page 6

prostotrader:

If you sell a futures contract and hold it until the expiration date, won't it be harder to close the position the closer you get to the expiration date? In other words, the liquidity falls and no one will sell it to me. Everything is clear from the theory, but I am interested in the practice, what is the real situation with liquidity closer to the time of expiry?

Maxim Romanov:

If you sell a futures contract and hold it until the expiration date, won't it be harder to close the position the closer you get to the expiration date? In other words, the liquidity falls and no one will sell it to me. Everything is clear from the theory. But the practice is interesting, what is the real situation with liquidity closer to the time of expiration?

On the contrary, at the time of expiration the liquidity and activity of the futures increases (so far it has always been so).

It makes no sense to buy (sell) futures the way one trades on FOREX.

To earn continuously, you must use hedging strategies (eg futures versus the BA futures (stock) ).

There is no grail because the future price function cannot be determined.

using a hedging strategy, you know almost exactly:

1. Earn (based on calculations), ie entering the market you already know what the profit will be.

2. Percentage of risk - is minimal and does not depend on which way the price "breaks".

Added

I change settings of trading robots twice in 3 months, and I don't care about

what way the market will go.

I don't know how the Openwash calculates profits (for some reason to average assets),

but I've calculated the expected profit as follows:

Profit = ((473302.75 - 400000)/400000 * 100) * (365/78) = 85.75% p.a.

But I think it will be higher, as the capitalisation of funds takes place.

Sometimes the contango is much higher than the central bank rate. I have made a script which monitors contango which is more than the Central Bank rate + 1%. This condition is short-lived (I observed it lasted no more than 3 minutes), apparently arbitrageurs quickly move the price to a normal condition.

Sber has shifted the dividend cutoff to July 16. Prior to this news, the Sber futures which expire on June 18 were trading at a backwardation of about 8%. If we had known in advance that the cutoff would be postponed, we could have sold the Uber shares and bought the futures and waited for the expiration and got the shares 8% cheaper and then got the dividend as well.

Vitalii Ananev:
Sber has postponed the cut-off of the dividend to July 16. Before this news Sber futures which expire on June 18 were trading with a backwardation of about 8%. If we had known in advance that the cutoff would be postponed we could have sold Uber shares and bought the futures and waited for the expiration and got the shares 8% cheaper and then the dividend as well.

Key phrase: "If only one knew..." :)

prostotrader:

Key phrase: "If only one knew..." :)

:) But who knew, yesterday the backwardation disappeared, the Sbera futures went up and the contango appeared.

I have been thinking and decided that there are risks with this "selling futures and buying stocks" strategy. If there are separate accounts, one for the stock market and one for the futures market. If you sell futures on the futures market and futures price begins to rise and the financial result is cleared every day on the account. It can happen that the funds on the futures account may be insufficient to maintain the position and the broker will close it forcibly. However, the position on the stock account will remain. You need to watch out for this every day and have enough money in the derivatives market to hold a position until the expiry.

Vitalii Ananev:
I've been thinking and decided that there are risks with this "selling futures and buying shares" strategy. If there are separate accounts, one for the stock market and another for the futures market. If you sell futures on the futures market and futures price begins to rise, and the financial result in clearing every day is reflected in the account. It can happen that the funds on the futures account may be insufficient to maintain the position and the broker will close it forcibly. However, the position on the stock account will remain. You need to watch out for this every day and have enough money in the derivatives market to hold a position until the expiry.

Don't you know that there is an EBS (Single Brokerage Account) at Otkryvashka?

prostotrader:

Don't you know that there is an EBS (Single Brokerage Account) in Otkryvashka?

I know, that's why I write that the risk is only if there are separate accounts.

Does anyone trade futures at BCS via MT5 on the real?
Reason: