Download MetaTrader 5

Pending Order Expire

To add comments, please log in or register
Franco
Franco  

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out how to set an expire time for a pending order.  So far that part of my code looks like this:

CTrade trade;
   trade.SetExpertMagicNumber(MagicNr);
   trade.SetDeviationInPoints(Slippage*z);

if (PositionsTotal() || OrdersTotal() != 0) {return;}

if (GetSignal() == LONG)
   {

OrderPrice = iLow(_Symbol,_Period,iLowest(_Symbol,_Period,MODE_LOW,Donchian,0)) + 5*_Point*z; //iLow and iLowest are functions from an included file
      SL = OrderPrice - SLPips*z*_Point;
      TP = OrderPrice + RRR*SLPips*_Point*z;
      expire = TimeCurrent() + 3600*2;
      trade.BuyLimit(lot,OrderPrice,_Symbol,SL,TP,0,expire);

}

if (GetSignal() == SHORT)
   {

OrderPrice = iHigh(_Symbol,_Period,iHighest(_Symbol,_Period,MODE_HIGH,Donchian,0)) - 5*_Point*z; //iHigh and iHighest are functions from an included file
      SL = OrderPrice + SLPips*z*_Point;
      TP = OrderPrice - RRR*SLPips*_Point*z;
      expire = TimeCurrent() + 3600*2;
      trade.SellLimit(lot,OrderPrice,_Symbol,SL,TP,0,expire);

}

To my knowledge the expiry date is set at two hours from now.  But it does not work the orders won't expire.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks! 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5
jshumaker
jshumaker  
Saidar:

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out how to set an expire time for a pending order.  So far that part of my code looks like this:

To my knowledge the expiry date is set at two hours from now.  But it does not work the orders won't expire.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks! 

trade.SellLimit(lot,OrderPrice,_Symbol,SL,TP,ORDER_TIME_SPECIFIED,expire);
phi nuts
phi nuts  
This is what jshumaker mean : ORDER_TIME_SPECIFIED (click that). Sometime brokers don't accept expiration date, so be prepare to check the trade result for an error and prepare to delete the order as well.
To add comments, please log in or register