-error 4756 [Trade disabled]

Hi, please can someone help.

I do not think this is a code issue, I think a terminal issue or 'another' problem.

I'm developing an EA and under testing (strategy tester) everything worked as expected until two days ago.

Now, whenever I run an EA under test it will not complete an order giving the following (or similar) error message:

2015.01.17 23:54:54.795    2015.01.02 18:00:00   failed market buy 1.00 USDJPY [Trade disabled]

In trying to 'fix' this and to find the error, I tried other EA's and sample EA's that come with MT5.

I now find that ALL EA's fail (and so not code problem) and give a: [Trade disabled] (error) message like the one above or this:

2015.01.18 00:08:37.212    2015.01.02 00:00:00   CTrade::OrderSend: market buy 0.01 USDJPY [trade disabled]

The only error code I can find is 4756:

ERR_TRADE_SEND_FAILED

Trade request sending failed

This only happen in last two days (maybe three) :)

Termianl info is as follows:

TERMINAL_COMMONDATA_PATH = C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common
TERMINAL_DATA_PATH = C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075
TERMINAL_PATH = C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5
TERMINAL_NAME = MetaTrader 5
TERMINAL_OPENCL_SUPPORT = 0
TERMINAL_X64 = 1
TERMINAL_CPU_CORES = 4
TERMINAL_CODEPAGE = 0
TERMINAL_MQID = 0
TERMINAL_MAXBARS = 100000
TERMINAL_NOTIFICATIONS_ENABLED = 0
TERMINAL_FTP_ENABLED = 0
TERMINAL_TRADE_ALLOWED = 1
TERMINAL_DLLS_ALLOWED = 0
TERMINAL_CONNECTED = 1
TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_CONNECTION = 0
TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_ACCOUNT = 0
TERMINAL_BUILD = 1035

Any advice, help or guidance please. :)

Thank you.

icuucme:

Hi, please can someone help.

Any advice, help or guidance please. :)

Thank you.

Hi

Just out of curiosity, who is your broker? If you check out this post heresomeone else had same problem due to their broker collapsing after the CHF "fun" last week....

Filter:

Hi

Just out of curiosity, who is your broker? If you check out this post heresomeone else had same problem due to their broker collapsing after the CHF "fun" last week....

Thanks Filter

Hmmm interesting... I'm with *** but even if the broker dead would this affect an EA in the Strategy Tester?

This is their announcement:

Important announcement

The recent move on the Swiss franc caused by the Swiss National Bank’s unexpected policy reversal of capping the Swiss franc against the euro has resulted in exceptional volatility and extreme lack of liquidity. Retail client funds continue to be segregated in accordance with FCA rules. For the avoidance of any doubt and notwithstanding previous announcements by the company, ***** has not entered a formal insolvency process. The board of directors are urgently considering all options including a sale and are liaising closely with the FCA. We hope to make a further announcement shortly.

So it doesn't look too good but I can still login to their server...  All very odd.

Any other ideas?

icuucme:

Thanks Filter

Hmmm interesting... I'm with *** but even if the broker dead would this affect an EA in the Strategy Tester?

This is their announcement:

Important announcement

The recent move on the Swiss franc caused by the Swiss National Bank’s unexpected policy reversal of capping the Swiss franc against the euro has resulted in exceptional volatility and extreme lack of liquidity. Retail client funds continue to be segregated in accordance with FCA rules. For the avoidance of any doubt and notwithstanding previous announcements by the company, **** has not entered a formal insolvency process. The board of directors are urgently considering all options including a sale and are liaising closely with the FCA. We hope to make a further announcement shortly.

So it doesn't look too good but I can still login to their server...  All very odd.

Any other ideas?

Yeah it doesn't make any sense to me either, I can't see how it would affect the tester. But as both you and the original poster are both with the same broker, it seems like more than a coincidence. Maybe another MT5 user with that broker can confirm.......  (I had to edit out the broker name but I'm sure everyone knows who we're talking about :) )

By the way, it is an interesting turn of events as the company themselves came out a few days ago to say: "This has forced *** (UK) Limited to confirm today that it has entered into insolvency." Interesting....

Filter:

Yeah it doesn't make any sense to me either, I can't see how it would affect the tester. But as both you and the original poster are both with the same broker, it seems like more than a coincidence. Maybe another MT5 user with that broker can confirm.......  (I had to edit out the broker name but I'm sure everyone knows who we're talking about :) )

By the way, it is an interesting turn of events as the company themselves came out a few days ago to say: "This has forced *** (UK) Limited to confirm today that it has entered into insolvency." Interesting....

No worries re the editing out - Understood! :)

Indeed very interesting.  Fortunately I hadn't got as far as making any deposit, only the demo account... A blessing in disguise.

I'm inclined to agree the original error I requested help on has been instigated through the broker's failing although, as you say, why it has affected the strategy tester doesn't make any sense.

Not to worry,

Thanks Filter :)

No worries mate. Glad to hear you escaped the carnage! :) Maybe start up a demo account through MQL or another broker and see how that goes. Would be good if you could post your results for anyone else in the same boat.

Cheers
Filter

For anyone else suffering similar problems, the fault has been confirmed to be caused by the broker shutting down. Thanks for the follow up icuucme.

Wow!

I was suffering same error in tester I didn't know the reason (until now). But what scares me is *** (UK) did not notice us about its situation.

So, anyone knows how to protect ourself against this kind of "carnages"?

What can we do to prevent to loose our money this way?

Any broker offers "guarantees"? 

Thanks ;-) 

serfer2:

Wow!

I was suffering same error in tester I didn't know the reason (until now). But what scares me is *** (UK) did not notice us about its situation.

So, anyone knows how to protect ourself against this kind of "carnages"?

What can we do to prevent to loose our money this way?

Any broker offers "guarantees"? 

Thanks ;-) 

Yes, there are some brokers who offer a "no negative balance" guarantee. You still lose your account but you don't end up in negative like some people did after the CHF carnage (some to the tune of hundreds of thousands of $$). But you have to ask yourself the question - how can the broker afford to make such a guarantee??? Hopefully you can work out the answer ;)

But no, there is no way you can fully protect yourself from something like the CHF event where the price gaps straight past your stops and keeps going . Forex is a risky business. Too much margin is a very risky business. Trading with no stop loss is beyond risky. The CHF pairs had been very risky for at least a couple of months. So there are risks you can control and that's the best way to protect yourself.

I am having a same issue however iut is happening on DEmo account for me on the metaqoutes demo account with 1 EA to be Specific every other EA opens trades but just 1 fails 

So I have this EA, that works only on Custom Symbol and with this EA no trade opens in the metaqoutes demo account however in any other XXXX Broker demo trades open. 
Hoe can I activate trading on the Metyaqoutes broker with this specific EA. all other EAs open Trades
Reason: