Feedback on MQL5 - page 8

transcendreamer:
are there any advantages of C sharp for ordinary people?
If you need to write a quick Windows .NET program, Sharp is the best choice. Although VS also includes F#, Visual Basic, Managed C++, all of them also support .NET, but Sharpe is faster and prettier.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

By the way!

Once upon a time I met a comparison of the C and Pascal languages

In C, we thought it was like driving a Ferrari on a mountain road at 180 km/h. The implication was that the engine was driven like a madman on a mountain road at 180 km/h,

and the Pascal language is a quiet ride in a limousine on a wide, one-way road at 40 km/h.

C was meant to be, like, a real man's language.)

In the C, you've got to keep your eyes on the signposts :-) The C language is not for the faint of heart, because if you don't follow the signs you risk flying off the track on a hairpin bend.

C is the language of operating systems and utilities, drivers. C was originally written by pros who wrote the operating systems and utilities for users.

Pascal was originally written in C for students. Pascal was written as an instructional language.

The difference in purpose and use of the tools is obvious.

MQL is essentially a derivative of C and the choice of the MetaQuotes developers is professionally very correct.

I've been to Turbo Pascal, it has the same honest pointers as in C. But instead of typing {} in half a second you have to write begin end ))) That always bothered me, lazybones.

I also suspect that the C compiler was optimized in the first place.

prostotrader:

What difference does it make at all what language to write in?

(You can write drivers and everything else in Pascal).

The important thing is to understand what you're doing and how you're doing it.

The thing is, each tool has its own purpose.

A rake - to collect leaves.

A shovel -- to dig a hole.

Pitchfork - to make hay

--

Actually, you can dig a hole with a pitchfork or even a rake.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I've been to Turbo Pascal, it has the same honest pointers as in C. But, man, instead of typing {} you have to write begin end in half a second ))) That always bothered me, lazybones.

I also suspect that the C compiler was optimized in the first place

Oh, a minute difference between posts and my thoughts coincide!

But the thing is, that engineers developing microprocessors didn't exclude JMP command, but Niklas Wirth ignores one of normal features of any processor, may he have a hand in it, that's why operating systems are not written in Pascal :-)))

prostotrader:

What difference does it make what language to write in?

It's more convenient to dig a hole with a shovel, there's a difference.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Oh, a minute difference between posts and thoughts coincide!

But that's the trouble, for some reason microprocessor engineers don't exclude JMP command, but Niklas Wirth ignores one of normal features of any processor, so be my guest, that's why operating systems are not written in Pascal :-)))

It's more convenient to dig a hole with a shovel. There is a difference.

Because it's needed, but in languages without goto it's hidden, although the compiler uses it.

Of course, some languages are highly specialized, e.g. SQL.

But for me I write something for Windows in Sharp, it's quick and I don't have to think about it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Because it is needed, but in languages without goto it is hidden, although the compiler uses it.

Of course, some languages are highly specialized, e.g. SQL.

But for me I'm writing something for Windows in Sharp, it's quick and I don't have to think about it.

Lesha, I know that :-) The only people who don't know how the internals work are those who don't: dig in debug , don't know asm , don't write in ascending mode.

Who hasn't made the way -- BINARNO (typing commands from PDP-11) , then ASM, then some high-level language, etc.

--

And if you do not know how it works inside and what for, you can write directly in pascal without goto

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Lesha, I know it :-) The only people who don't know about the internal workings are those who don't know about asm and the bottom-up writing.

Who didn't go the way of BINARNO (by typing commands from the PDP-11 processor console) , then ASM, then some higher level language, etc.

--

If you do not know how it works and why, you can write directly in pascal without goto.

You don't need pascal, what to do with it later, there are hardly any jobs

Sharp is good enough for my own use and there are plenty of jobs.

Yesterday I once again made a walkthrough on fife. this time it was an expert and I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of the walkthrough. Topeka starter just need to replace the word can't with the word don't want

Alexey Volchanskiy:

You don't need Pascal, then what to do with it, there are hardly any jobs

Sharp is good enough for yourself and there are plenty of jobs.

Java is going very well in terms of vacancies. Pascal is dying, unlike C, there are no vacancies in it at all.

To understand where the world is going, look at vacancies in the U.S. by language, and we're almost backward.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Yesterday I once again made a walkthrough on fife. this time it was an expert and I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of the walkthrough. The topic starter just need to replace the word can't by the word don't want.

MQL5 is a normal language. It's not the language, it's the lack of ideas for strategies of some critics. MQL5 is severely lacking in libraries, even the standard HashTable is not included, I use a class that is published here in the article.

MQ instead of porting STL they use some unnecessary stuff like FuzzyLogic (or maybe they bought it from kog, dunno...).

But all this doesn't prevent me from writing profitable strategies and living off the profits from trading. So I'm staying at MQL4/5)

Reason: