Arbitrage as it is. How and where? Implementation? - page 9

Виталий Кононюк:

And why is that?

It is a market-neutral strategy with simultaneous buying and selling.

In general, all trades are arbitrage, just as any square = rectangle, it's just that the trades don't always have a second leg or it's very shortened.

Well at least because! Whether it's stocks, bonds or bonds, it's a piece of paper that gives you the right, and in some cases the opportunity. On the stock exchange, you have only two rights - to conditionally buy or conditionally sell. You are not a holder, so there is no arbitrage in this case.

Alexey Busygin:
You are not a holder, so there can be no arbitrage in this case.

What do you mean? Can you be more specific? What do you mean?

If I buy Bashneft and sell Rosneft, is this not arbitrage?

Виталий Кононюк:

What do you mean? Can you be more specific? What do you mean?

If I buy Bashneft and sell Rosneft, is that not arbitrage?

Do you have enough money to buy Bashneft or Rosneft?

And so access to the real shares, you can only get in one case, when the company is really bankrupt, and the owners will get rid of the asset, well, maybe some rich relative give you, if you have one.

Alexey Busygin:

Arbitrage is a spec strategy, it does not imply buying the whole asset, it's not like I'm an investor.

To buy a stock index and sell a futures contract, $1,000 is enough.

Alexey Busygin:

But you can only get access to real shares if the company really goes bankrupt and the owners get rid of the asset, or if some rich relative presents you with one, if there is one.

Gazprom costs 100 roubles, can you not buy it? A demotrader?

Виталий Кононюк:

Arbitrage is a spec strategy, it does not imply buying the whole asset, I am not an investor.

To buy a stock index and sell a futures contract, $1,000 is enough.

So where are you going to buy it?

Alexey Busygin:
So where are you going to buy it?
On the MICEX through a VTB broker and in Quick ;)

Every topic is politics.

Boring...

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

Every topic is politics.

Boring...

How quickly the topic was cleaned up

what just happened??? Wrote a comment. There was nothing in it that was forbidden. No advertising, no propaganda. Described what a free float is and that you can't buy a company on the exchange. And that got deleted? Why? The moderators? I think the word "moderators" comes from the word "freaks".

Reason: