Calling functions from the dll and returning results - page 4

Of course, this is my personal opinion, but I would be interested in meeting and discussing with the man the possibility of either working together, or buying his designs.Naturally, after seeing his work on the compliance with the declared quality.If he really is so far advanced in this work, why not involve him? And of course, if he has an interest in it.
TO:mike
What are your goals for your developments? I like the screenshots. And the functionality is good.

I must say I like your client very much, just as a client but not as a platform for automated trading system, I absolutely dislike MQL language features and humpy strategy tester. Thats why I borrowed your client and added a proper tester and some useful features, and now I can execute strategies in a proper programming language and see the results.

Well, na4inaite programirovat' dlia Metaquotes kak programist, i vsiem budet lu4e - vy polu4ite avtorskoju oplatu, a polzovateli xoroshuju platformu dlia avtomati4eskoj targovli i testinga strategiji ... :-) Vsio ravno MQL4 uze polnostju kak C jazyk vygliadit.

to Extrasence I actually just started writing a tester and an automated system, then I needed this, this and this :) result. I wrote it just for myself, but I like to test with comfort. So, when the system is already running on metaquotes api, it's killing this api... But the good thing is that I've written an abstract dataphide class, through which the program worked, now I can easily switch to any other provider, which provides its own API and which has no Metatrader, which is great +. By the way i have a lot of such providers, just look for them. For me it is not interesting to work with meta quotas. The 1st point is that I live in Canada and the 2nd point is that I will earn more with Forex. :)

to T1000 It only looks like C, but in terms of functionality it doesn't even reach the level of C, let alone C++. I searched there recently for file functions FindFirst/FindNext :-/ I haven't found it... Not even the most basic - structures for example, not to mention references.

Dear Mike.
Nothing prevents you from simulating user actions in any gui program by sending window events: FindWindow, PostMessage, etc.: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/messagesandmessagequeues/messagesandmessagequeuesreference/messagesandmessagequeuesfunctions/postmessage.asp

The FindFirstFile and FindNextFile functions in mql, I suppose, can be imported from kernel32 ...

Importing can be done, but these file handles obtained via imported functions will most likely be incompatible with the native MQL files... And the question arises again, if I'm going to import all Windows functions, why do I need this MQL with all its file functions? Although I may be wrong about incompatibility... And what's the point of this post about control via window events?

Yes, I looked again, perhaps to get a list of files in directory first you need to write a dll with function like GetFiles (it can take 5 minutes). The fact that mql gives you such a possibility. Whether you need mql is up to you :).
Why this post about control through window events?

Instead of creating a "whole scripting language of data exchange between dll and EA", you can hide the MT window, set order, run your EA using only event sending. It's easy! :)

What the hell? The whole problem was to set the order from the dll! The Expert Advisor works all the time, I don't need to run it and hide the Metatrader window.

OK, mike, I got you wrong, good luck! :)

mike has somewhat confused the scope of the application. MQL4 is not a replacement for C, but a language for writing strategies.
And this language runs in its own safe "sandbox/virtual machine" so that no
expert cannot destroy or damage anything. That's why low-level operations, access
to unresolved areas is only possible through the use of third-party DLLs.

MQL4 is a secure language with its own system of access rights.
Otherwise who would use other people's EAs if low level access
to any file on the disk?
Reason: