Tick chart (proposals) - page 6

Andrey Dik:
Quotes can be "different" and "the same", they cannot be "totally different" in the same way that it is impossible to be "heavily pregnant".)

Well, I agree with that, and I have already noted above that even on one brokerage house, on different servers - the Eurodollar quotes can easily differ by five digits. But is it possible to call them "different", and even "completely"?

"Of course, the smart thing is to have a "criterion of similarity". Personally, in my opinion, if quotes differ by less than 3% of daily volatility, they cannot be called "different".

But, understandably, Sergei may think that if a quote differs by one five-digit point, then it is already "different"... But, this definition makes no sense because then it is even impossible to compare experts' work - even if they are connected to the same server, even without any news, one EA may easily get a quote that will occasionally differ from the other one by one or two five-digit points, and, therefore, according to Sergei, these are "different" quotes that cannot be used for experts' work comparison. So ? What next, how do we compare then ?

Georgiy Merts:

Well, I agree with that, and have already noted above that even on one brokerage house, on different servers, the Eurodollar quotes can easily differ by five-digit points. But does ...........

If you do not have time to see this, look at the previous page

Of course, the next question is - why is the quote so different?

Renat Akhtyamov:

The question naturally follows - why is the quote so different?

Is it because 1 RUB is 0.013 EUR?

And the timing of the quotes is different.

Georgiy Merts:

Well, I agree with that, and I have already noted above that even on one brokerage house, on different servers - the Eurodollar quotes can easily differ by five digits. But is it possible to call them "different", and even "completely"?

"Of course, the smart thing is to have a "criterion of similarity". Personally, in my opinion, if the quotes differ by less than 3% of the daily volatility - they cannot be called "different".

But, of course, Sergey may think that if quotes differ by one five-digit point - they are "different"... However, this definition makes no sense because then it is even impossible to compare experts' work - even if they are connected to the same server, even without any news, one EA may easily receive a quote that will occasionally differ from the other one by one or two five-digit points and, therefore, according to Sergei, these are "different" quotes that cannot be used for experts' work comparison. So ? What next, how do we compare then ?

3%? of the daily volatility? Even 1% of the price creates the possibility of arbitrage, for the euro for example it is 130 4-digit points! So in fact we have differences of less than 0.1% of the price. Therefore one may consider a quote "different" if the difference is more than 0.1% of the price at the moment of comparison, we do not observe that nowadays, the arbitrage is very good.

SemenTalonov:

Maybe because 1 RUB is 0.013 EUR?

And the timing of quotes is different.

That was a question for attention and for a different address.

I was just referring to arbitrage, it's been around for a long time and it's even better...

if we had a tick chart that would be cool.

I once again support the starter.

it would be nice to be able to trade in different accounts without switching

Renat Akhtyamov:

that was a question for your attention and for another address.

I was just mentioning arbitrage, it's been around for a long time now, and a hell of a lot more...

if there was a tick chart, that would be cool

Once again I support the topic starter

it would be nice to be able to trade in different accounts without switching

Thanks for the interesting quest!

And I repeat, MQ are unlikely to introduce full support for tick charts. For that they will have to completely change the data transfer and storage format.

Andrey Dik:

3%? Of the daily volatility? Even 1% of the price creates the possibility of arbitrage, for example for the euro it is 130 4 digit points! So in fact we have differences of less than 0.1% of price. Therefore one may consider a quote "different" if the difference is more than 0.1% of the price at the moment of comparison, we do not observe that nowadays, the arbitrage is very good.

Well, I "took it with a reserve".

As for that, it's true, as I noted above, the difference in quotes is very small. And it does not amount to "completely different" quotes.

SemenTalonov:

Thanks for the interesting quest!

And I repeat, MQ is unlikely to introduce full support for tick charts. For that they will have to completely change the format of data transmission and storage.

Why is that?

Everything they do is fine.

And your profile is a complete finish as an agent.

All the threads you have created are aimed at criticising the MT platform.

Georgiy Merts:

But, understandably, Sergey may think that if the quotes differ by one five-digit point, it's already "different"...

Don't twist the facts!!!

The point of my reply to your pictures was that in a topic about tick quotes to post hourly charts is to be "GREATLY SUPPOSED"...

Serqey Nikitin:

Don't twist the facts!!!

The point of my response to your pictures was to post hourly charts in a thread about tick quotes

Also true.

Where do you get tick charts?

For example in MT it is possible to make such a chart, but I do not know how and where to do it for the stock exchange
Reason: