Strategies that give big profits - page 9

avtomat:

So, you want to tell me that this specific trading robot was targeted, that the quotes on different accounts were different, that all other traders received good quotes but this specific trading robot was provided with wrong quotes, or that requotes and other bumps in the wheel were intercepted only by this trading robot? Or that execution was worse than requested by this trading robot only?

You don't have to respond to my questions, but your lack of response does not eliminate them.

Based on simple common sense, of course the answer is NO. Which means that this particular robot has failed to adapt to the changed external environment.

Yes, this particular robot was being hunted.

The quoting/execution changed not only for his account, but it just didn't affect others.

Yes, my answer would be yes. And these "external conditions" are external only to you, for someone else they are just settings on the server.

Edic:

Somehow it doesn't make sense... A competition from the developers, one of the aims of which was to create algorithms for filtering quotes by analyzing strategies of profitable EAs in order to drown profitable traders? Is pipsing and arbitrage one of the deadly sins? This is the worst! Maybe, there is some hidden chips in MT5 server?

MQ have always been against pipsing and directly said so.

And to be able to disqualify them without explaining the reason, the rules have a vague scope and interpret them according to the situation.

That's because MT4 is originally ordered (paid for) by brokers and traders get a free terminal.

Don't know about MT5, haven't worked with the server part. But I would not worry about the stock exchange, it is regulated and such tricks will not work there. MT4 is 99% used by kitchens, they can do anything.

komposter:

I don't know about MT5, I haven't worked with the server part. But I wouldn't worry about the exchange, it is regulated and such tricks will not work there. MT4 is 99% used by kitchens, they can do anything.

Thanks. Well, at least that's nice.)

komposter:

Yes, it was this particular robot that was being hunted.

The quoting/execution changed not only for his account, but it just didn't affect others.

Yes, my answer would be yes. And these "external conditions" are external only to you, for someone else they are just settings on the server.

That is, in fact, the answer. You have voiced it yourself, but you didn't realise it.

All the robots were in the same conditions. However, according to you, it was this robot that was being hunted... ;)

So, this robot's algorithm was not viable.

In engineering, the term "technical system survivability" refers to the environmental conditions (ranging from greenhouse to severe) in which a technical system maintains its performance. This robot failed the "survivability" test.

Quoting/execution mode is precisely the external conditions (among others) in which the robot operates, which affect its performance in one way or another, and whose possible changes must be taken into account at the design stage, if they might be critical to the performance of the system.

For a high-yield strategy, the main prerequisite is a calm market. In the absence of news turmoil, the direction of the trade will be more likely to be determined.

avtomat:

That is, in fact, the answer. You have voiced it yourself, but you haven't realised it.

All the robots were in the same conditions. However, in your opinion, it was this robot that was being hunted... ;)

So, this robot's algorithm was not viable.

In engineering, the term "technical system survivability" refers to the environmental conditions (ranging from greenhouse to severe) in which a technical system maintains its performance. This robot failed the "survivability" test.

Quoting/execution mode is the external environment (amongst other things) in which a robot operates, which in one way or another affects its performance and whose possible changes must be taken into account at the design stage, if they are critical to its operation.

It passed the survivability test, very well. The robot cannot be touched during the championship and must not be adjusted to changes in the quotation. As soon as it started working in real trading, no quotation changes helped any more, they were undressed like children. They started crying to the developer: We paid a small fortune, we are building our business here, and it turns out they can undress us... ...and the soul goes to heaven. Let's put a filter like this, we did it, we readjusted and .... and everything's alive again.

Do you honestly think that changes in DC operation regulations such as deal holding time or freez level in terminal settings happened for no reason? I'm not even talking about requotes, slippage and no price ....

And even that didn't help them kill the idea behind these robots. They stupidly stopped paying out money and started cancelling trades on history.

Let's test the viability of any of your strategies. I'll cancel all its profitable trades on history before withdrawing the money... how can you take this nuance into account when projecting ? :-)

Prival-2:

Let's test the viability of any of your strategies. I will cancel all its profitable trades on the history before withdrawing money ... how can you take this nuance into account when designing ? :-)

Well, against that - all TS are the same. So this possibility should simply be disregarded.

I don't understand these miracle TCs in details, but I have a suspicion that they use imperfection of brokerage companies, and not market imperfection, no wonder any brokerage company will resist their use. And there can only be a "consideration" here - the DC should at least not lose its own funds as a result of your TS. This algorithm - as I understand it - did not comply with this condition.

Prival-2:

It passed the survivability test, it passed very well. In the championship, the robot cannot be touched, nor can it be adjusted to changes in quoting. As soon as it started to work on the real market, no quotation changes helped the brokerage companies, they were stripping them like children. They started crying to the developer: We paid a small fortune, we are building our business here, and it turns out they can undress us... ...and the soul goes to heaven. Let's put a filter like this, we did it, we readjusted and .... and everything's alive again.

Do you honestly think that changes in DC operation regulations such as deal holding time or freez level in terminal settings happened for no reason? I'm not even talking about requotes, slippages and no price ....

And even that didn't help them kill the idea behind these robots. They stupidly stopped paying out money and started cancelling trades on history.

Let's test the viability of any of your strategies. I'll cancel all its profitable trades on history before withdrawing the money... how can you take this nuance into account when projecting ? :-)

But now we have emotions like "they were undressed like children", "they ran crying", "killed the idea", "stupidly stopped", etc.Such emotions are not proof of the "survivability" of the system. The robot must be regarded as a part of the system, namely its technical part. And there is also the organisational part, which also requires a certain level of competence ;)

If there is no result, it means that the system as a whole does not perform the task.

avtomat:

That is, in fact, the answer. You voiced it yourself, but didn't realise it.

All the robots were under the same conditions. However, according to you, this particular robot was being hunted... ;)

Thus, this robot's algorithm was not viable.

In engineering, the term "technical system survivability" refers to the external conditions (ranging from greenhouse to harsh) in which a technical system retains its ability to operate. This robot failed the "survivability" test.

And the quoting/execution mode is exactly those external conditions (among others) in which the robot functions, which in one way or another affect its performance, and whose possible changes must be taken into account already at the design stage, if they might be critical for the system's performance.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. That it was hunted down (changed conditions specifically for it), I know, it has been publicly discussed.

And the survivability test can be different. And I realized long ago that if one does a "robust system" on the daily chart with 2 slippages that do not distort trade results significantly, and the test is passed after 150 years of history, one will never start real trading.

But everyone has his own way. Sincerely happy for you if your systems pass all the tests and work for real (turn into cache).

Laryx:

I haven't dealt in detail with these miracle TCs, but I have a suspicion that they exploit the imperfection of the DT rather than the imperfection of the market, no wonder any DT would resist using them. And there can only be a "consideration" here - the DC should at least not lose its own funds as a result of your TS. This algorithm - as I understand it - did not observe this condition.

Then the market itself was like that.

But it was the dealers who undressed, of course. For their greed for client pips.

Reason: