What do you think of multicurrency indicators? - page 6

artemiusgreat:
I converted all pairs to USD, which seems to me to be a very absolute, what is your definition of "absolute movement"?
I don't understand this "I converted all pairs to USD"? Explain a little bit.

Владимир:
I don't understand this "I converted all pairs to USD"? Explain a bit.

In short, it goes something like this :

• synchronise all currency pairs according to time
  • You select a bar that acts as a zero point and count the change in price from it for all currencies.
  • use the formula to calculate the pip value in the selected currency, simplest in the deposit currency.
  • multiply the pip value by the number of pips moved since the zero point

https://univellbroker.com/clients/calc/price_pips/

artemiusgreat:

In short, it goes something like this :

• synchronise all currency pairs according to time
  • You select a bar that acts as a zero point and count the change in price from it for all currencies.
  • use the formula to calculate the pip value in the selected currency, simplest in the deposit currency.
  • multiply the pip value by the number of pips moved from the zero point.

https://univellbroker.com/clients/calc/price_pips/

Interesting.

One more question."Choose the bar that acts as the zero point."

Seems simple, but it has to be based on something.

Владимир:

Yes. Interesting.

One more question."choose a bar that acts as a zero point,"

Seems simple, but it has to be based on something.

This should not be based on anything, the prices do not change drastically, so you just catch a certain moment in time, at this point in time you believe that the entire market is balanced and there are no distortions, which means that whatever moment we take as a zero point, the ratios of currency pairs are always approximately equal, on this topic there are theories of market efficiency, as well as numerous posts on this forum about finding distortions, which do not exceed the spread and within seconds - minutes are balanced by market makers

If you have any "religious" reasons, then you can count zero from the beginning of the day or from a previous trade, but if everything is counted correctly, then you will not see a difference in the chart

artemiusgreat:

This should not be based on anything, prices do not change drastically, so just take a moment in time, at this point in time you believe that the entire market is balanced and there are no distortions, which means that whatever moment we take as a zero point, the ratios of currency pairs are always approximately equal, on this topic there are theories of market efficiency, as well as numerous posts on this forum about finding distortions that do not exceed the spread and within seconds to minutes are balanced by market makers

If you have any "religious" reasons, then you can count zero from the beginning of the day or from a previous trade, but if everything is counted correctly, then you will not see a difference in the chart

Perhaps "currency pair ratios are always about equal", but the ratios of the currencies themselves are more questionable.

This phenomenon is observed in many free-lance indicators when the time range is widened. What in theory should not happen.

What do you think about

Gibbs-Rosebaum triangle

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Unfortunately, this indicator cannot be used. It has no synchronization in time, besides Pearson formula operates with independent values X, Y. The indicator calculates the correlation on the integrated classical price series.
AND PLEASE LOOK AT , IS THIS OPTION SYNCHRONISED?
Автоматический трейдинг и тестирование торговых стратегий
Автоматический трейдинг и тестирование торговых стратегий
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: язык торговых стратегий для MetaTrader 5, позволяет писать собственные торговые роботы, технические индикаторы, скрипты и библиотеки функций

Youri Tarshecki:
AND PLEASE LOOK AT , IS THIS ONE SYNCHRONISED?
No, there is a reference to the bars of different instruments on the same index.

Shit! When am I going to get a proper indicator! Fucking coders!

Youri Tarshecki:
Shit! When am I going to get a proper indicator! Fucking coders!
How much longer can we really put up with this!
Reason: