What do you think of multicurrency indicators? - page 2

Edic:

I see. In principle, how to build a synthetic is up to the author, the main thing is to be comfortable with it.

Here is a question - if, say, you have identified a capital flow between currencies - why should there be a reverse flow, or why should this flow continue?

What is the fundamental difference between this approach and the linear standard approach - if there has been a price movement then it is more likely to continue, or not continue?

I am not claiming that something should, but it is better to look through one window and see a complete picture of all currencies than to look at the current percentages of currency pair changes or to jump between the charts of currency pairs.

Maybe, when I do a statistical analysis you will be able to tell me what is more probable in what situations.

very right topic, it leads in the right direction (to spreads and portfolios)

without a statistical analysis of the joint movement of instruments is really not possible

AleksRazgul:

I will show you my indicator which I use to determine from which currency there is a capital flow to which currency. Each line on it is a conditional index of a particular currency (EUR, USD, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD AUD, NZD), calculated from several currency pairs.

EUR - brown (dark red)

USD - purple

GBP - red

JPY - dark green

CHF - dark blue

CAD - turquoise

AUD - light blue

NZD - light green (lettuce)

If the time increases from left to right and not vice versa, it is a good indicator. Tell me the principle of calculation, if not serket?

Melnuk45:
All indicators are cheating, you have to learn to read the chart, all the induks are designed to make you lose your deposits.
You can tell right away that you are a trader "with experience". If it is essentially your version of the indicator is "poorly readable". And this is the most flattering opinion. I have also investigated it and found it MAXIMUM EFFICIENT. I just need to refine this version. I will not describe how, but one of the options (very superficial) I described in my blog (part 2).

_new-rena:
If the time increases from left to right and not the other way round, then the indicator is good. Tell me the principle of calculation, if not serket?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/41380#comment_1413120

AleksRazgul:

I will show you my indicator which I use to determine from which currency there is a capital flow to which currency. Each line on it is a conditional index of a particular currency (EUR, USD, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD AUD, NZD), calculated from several currency pairs.

I look at the screenshots and can't understand - why do all the lines converge at zero point? More often than not the lines start moving away from the zero level, not towards it!

It's kind of like starting from zero level and then changing as new data comes in!

I am working in the same direction:

Novikov:

I look at the screenshots and can't understand - why do all the lines converge at zero? More often than not the lines start moving away from the zero level, not towards it!

Like starting at zero and then changing as new data becomes available!

Working along the same lines:

and the starting point is just taken as the current point - that's probably why the calculation goes "backwards"!

Novikov:

Looking at the screenshots and can't understand - why do all the lines converge at zero point? More often than not the lines start moving away from the zero level, not towards it!

Like starting at zero and then changing as new data becomes available!

I am working in the same direction:

I finally see some good work. can i have an overlap formula or explain it to you on your fingers please?

on the condition that pairs should not diverge to infinity for at least two months

AleksRazgul:

I will show you my indicator which I use to determine from which currency there is a capital flow to which currency. Each line is a conditional index of a particular currency (EUR, USD, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD AUD, NZD), calculated from several currency pairs.

The idea itself is good. It allows you to select the currency pair consciously, rather than just doing it out of the blue, as most people do.

It is not clear how indices are calculated. Especially concerning 6 currency pairs I do not understand how it is possible to obtain 8 indexes from 6 pairs. I would also change the way of displaying, it is not convenient when all indices are converging to 1 point on the last bar.

Here is my indicator:

17 independent currency pairs (no crosses) are used for calculations. Indices are equated to 1 at the point where the vertical line stands. There are plans to attach an extrapolator to the indicator.

_new-rena:

I finally see a good job. can you give me the formula for overlapping or explain it on your fingers please?

on condition that pairs should not diverge into infinity for at least two months

The calculation principle is taken from the triangle principle (3 pairs) which creates a closed loop of currency flow from one to the other.

On my fingers: EURUSD(1.0843) / GBPUSD(1.5033) = EURGBP(0.7207) the error is always around the spread. I.e. no matter how one of the three prices changes, the other two are adjusted for it.

In this example there are 3 currencies, one flowing into the other. And the indicator calculates 8 currencies/indices/clusters based on 28 pairs.

And the currency lines do not and cannot diverge to infinity, because it is like a closed vessel, or rather a bubble that gradually grows, but stays within its limits with a constant total ratio.

This can be described as REAL cluster analysis, AND "Proof of correct "non-linear" averaging is the same shape of the cluster indicator line at different timeframes for the same cluster - exactly the shape and timing of the points where the cluster line crosses the null line."

AlexeyFX:

The idea itself is good. It allows us to choose the currency pair consciously, rather than from the ground up, as most do.

It is not clear how indices are calculated. Especially concerning the 6 currency pairs I do not understand how it is possible to obtain 8 indexes from 6 pairs. And I would change the way of display, it is inconvenient when all indexes are converging to 1 point on the last bar.

As an example of calculation look at the index calculation here http://www.fxcoder.net/2013/07/indeks-valyuty.html

Very interesting and clearly described!

Индекс валюты
Индекс валюты
  • www.fxcoder.net
Допустим, нам нужно определить движение некоторой валюты, но на FX есть котировки только кроссов валют. Можно, конечно, увидеть, что доллар двинулся вверх, если большинство кроссов с ним пошли в соответствующую сторону. Но какова величина этого движения? Насколько сильно движение какой-либо валюты влияет на движение кроссов с ней? Попробуем...
Reason: