The axioms of financial market analysis (or the whole truth about the right and wrong use of indicators)

This thread will discuss axioms and methods of using indicators in technical analysis of markets!!!

Looking forward to your posts!!! PLEASE, less foul!!!

1st Axiom - volume growth confirms the direction of movement.

The volume should increase in the direction of the main trend. If the main trend is downtrend, then the volume should increase during periods of market downturns. If the main trend is upward, then it should increase during upswings.

And preferably all the axioms should be accompanied by drawings and implementation in the form of MQL code. That would be great.

10937:

This thread will discuss axioms and methods of using indicators in technical analysis of markets!!!

Looking forward to your posts!!!

1st Axiom - volume growth confirms the direction of the movement.

This is a false statement. As an axiom it is not suitable.

It is easy to give examples to refute this statement.

I would replace"axioms" with"hypotheses". I think that would be more correct.

The2nd axiom is divergence and convergence is the divergence of indicator and price readings, but these two terms only refer to classical divergence and convergence.

A more precise definition includes: failure of an indicator to confirm a lower low of a quote or a higher high.

Attention! The terms extended, hidden inverse or whatever divergence are NOT really divergence or convergence!

They were added to the term divergence much later and again are NOT axiomatic !!!

In my opinion, for all this rubbish that is not axioms we should invent a new term so that there would be no confusion!

10937:

They were added to the term divergence much later and, again, are NOT axiomatic !!!

What is an "axiom"?

barabashkakvn:
I would replace"axioms" with"hypotheses". I think that's more accurate.
It's more of a theorem. and the 1st theorem collapsed immediately

mmmoguschiy:
тут скорее теорема. и 1-я теорема сразу же потерпела крах

I would like to hear your assertions more or less backed up by arguments rather than an unsubstantiated attempt to contradict Dow's postulates.)))

Dow's postulates, you see, you're already laughing too.

IvanIvanov:
What is an "axiom"?
Good question! Without an answer, it's not a topic at all.

10937:

I would like to hear your assertions more or less backed up by arguments rather than an unsubstantiated attempt to contradict Dow's postulates.)))

I don't know what Dow... this "postulate" he has nothing to do with MT!!! Nor does it have anything to do with anything else.
Reason: