There is no point in using indicators if they lag behind. - page 9

avtomat:

An indicator remains an indicator (the MAHA in this case). The Expert Advisor uses the results of calculations made by the indicator. And you don't have to display the MAHA on the screen at all for the Expert Advisor to be able to use the calculated values of the indicator.

By the way, the term "Expert Advisor" is not a good one.

Well, what about this:

avtomat:
Indicator (from Latin indico -reflect) -- a device for visual (visual) display of information. It is used for displaying of measurement and calculation data.

it's the definition of an output device rather))

I gave a definition, but the wiki is beneath the dignity for many) Submit definitions from a radiophysics textbook of the last century, then ace))

In general, everyone understands different things by an indicator. It is useless to argue in this case.

Prival-2:

So how does this definition contradict the fact that these are all indicators https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/mt5/indicators

There are many of them and they are different. But they are all indicators. Among them, there are some that display forecasts or use forecasting algorithms within them.... But irrespective of this they are indicators and they are still indicators

Give me your definition, what do you mean by an indicator?) Don't tell me the definition is posting at https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/mt5/indicators
MQL5 Code Base: Индикаторы
MQL5 Code Base: Индикаторы
  • www.mql5.com
Технические индикаторы для MetaTrader 5 с исходными кодами

Avals:
Give your definition, what you understand as an indicator)) Don't tell me the definition is placement in https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/mt5/indicators

Why should I have to give my own definition. You gave it yourself from wikipedia. I asked why do you think it contradicts the fact that everything in this thread is not an indicator.

Convince the site developers and the MQL company that they're wrong, and you're right ... you're right ... that's all.

Avals:

Well, what about this:

it's the definition of an output device rather))

I gave a definition, but wiki is below the dignity for many) Give the definition from a textbook of radio physics of the last century, then ace))

Anyway, everyone understands an indicator differently. It is useless to argue in this case.

Imagine an aeroplane on whose panel there are many indicators - altitude, speed, thrust, etc..

The pilot, while making a flight, uses readings of indicators when making certain actions (our analogy - manual trading)

At some point, the pilot leaves the cockpit to stretch his legs ;)) -- and turns on the autopilot for the duration of his absence (our analogue - advisor)

Autopilot (Expert Advisor), when flying, uses readings (signals) of indicators when performing certain actions (our analogue - auto-trading)

However, the indicators are indicators. Indicators of altitude, speed, etc. are calculation - they do not measure, for example, the height of the physical ruler. The autopilot can use the instrument output signal "speed indicator" or it can perform the same calculations in its built-in (internal) algorithm "speed indicator".

Well, that's about it, very simplified, you can imagine it ;)

avtomat:

Let's imagine an aeroplane with many indicators on the panel - altitude, speed, thrust, etc..

The pilot, while flying, uses indicator readings when performing certain actions (our analogue - manual trading)

At some moment the pilot leaves the cockpit to stretch his legs ;)) -- and turns on the autopilot for the duration of his absence (our analogue - the Expert Advisor)

Autopilot (Expert Advisor), when flying, uses readings (signals) of indicators when performing certain actions (our analogue - auto-trading)

However, the indicators are indicators. Indicators of altitude, speed, etc. are calculation - they do not measure, for example, the height of the physical ruler. The autopilot can use the instrument output "speed indicator" or it can do the same calculations in its built-in (internal) algorithm "speed indicator".

Well, that's about it, very simplified, you can imagine it ;)

I agree with that.

But you wrote that if you fill the indicator with decision-making algorithms - where to buy and where to sell, it will remain an indicator. Autopilot is not an indicator))

Prival-2:

Why should I have to give my own definition. You gave it yourself from wikipedia. I asked why do you think it contradicts the fact that everything in this thread is not an indicator.

Convince the site developers and the MQL company that they're wrong, and you're right ... you are right ....

Indicator(lat.indicator- pointer) - a device, device, information system, substance, object that displays the change of any parameter of the controlled process or state of the object in the form most convenient for direct human perception visually, acoustically, haptically, or in other easily interpretable way.

Kalman filter, which you persistently cite is not an indicator, because in addition to displaying a controlled process, it has a prediction stage. In addition to measurement there is prediction. Where in the definition of this indicator is there a prediction?

Avals:

Indicator(Latinindicator- pointer) - a device, device, information system, substance, object that displays changes in any parameter of the controlled process or the state of the object in the form most convenient for direct human perception visually, acoustically, haptically or in other easily interpretable way.

Kalman filter, which you persistently cite is not an indicator, because in addition to the display of the monitored process in it there is a stage of forecasting. In addition to measurement there is prediction. Where in the definition of this indicator is there a prediction?

Prival-2 wrote the Kalman filter, so he can call his brainchild whatever he wants)

Yesterday I showed a line which is in principle a filter. Using some of my (and not only) experience, I got an arbitrage with such a filter. The natural dollar index is used instead of an averaging tool. From below we buy, from above we sell.

It is perfectly clear that the signal was much earlier than the news.

The top starter is obviously wrong! The signal came out on M15, not on ticks...

And for a longer period - the lines don't scatter as some people do...

Avals:

Indicatoris a device, device, information system, substance, object that displays changes in any parameter of a controlled process or object state in the form most convenient for direct human perception visually, acoustically, haptically or in other easily interpretable way.

The Kalman filter that you insistently cite is not an indicator for it has a prediction stage besides the display of a controlled process. In addition to measurement there is prediction. Where in the definition of this indicator is there a prediction?

Does it mean that it does not indicate, does not show anything? So you go, you draw into the definition what is not there, because you really want to be right (a very bad quality for traders).

So FYI, the same MA can be used to predict.... the price will be the same as the average of the last N bars plus/minus 2*SCO (standard deviation). This indicator is called Bollinger Bands. Can I see a picture of the indicator or you can find it yourself?)

Learn the basics. I'm tired of proving that white is white.

As usual, the crux of the argument is in terms of
Reason: