Do we need to follow the trend? - page 6

Stasikusssss:

To follow it, maybe, but there is no way of defining it.

to follow it, you have to define it.

How are you going to define it? No, it doesn't work that way. You have no technical possibility to determine the trend. Accordingly and to follow it.

It's easy to determine the trend! It's not easy to determine its end! You can hardly tell if it's going to continue or not. Or whether there will be a consolidation for a while...

mmmoguschiy:
A trend is easy to spot! It's not easy to determine its end!!! It's unlikely whether it will continue or not. Or whether it will consolidate for a while...
ending and reversal, it's a tricky matter, I might have an exact answer to that question soon.

Alexey:
ending and unfolding, it's a tricky business, I might have an exact answer to that soon.
don't forget to share it with the public!!! ;)

mmmoguschiy:
The trend is easy to determine! It's not easy to determine its end! You can hardly tell if it will continue or not. Or will there be a consolidation for a while...

I don't see what practical use can be made of defining "What is now", let alone "What was". Especially on a graph.

I'm just hinting at the fact that you won't be able to determine "What's to come" accurately with enviable regularity.

Only if you're lucky, only if by chance a couple of times.

Answer me then, what's the point?

mmmoguschiy:
don't forget to share with the public!!! ;)
Yeah if I don't forget :)

Stasikusssss:

I don't see what practical use can be made of defining "What is now", let alone "What was". Especially on a graph.

I'm just hinting at the fact that you won't be able to determine "What's to come" accurately with enviable regularity.

Only if you're lucky, only if by chance a couple of times.

Answer me then, what's the point then?

You obviously haven't read the thread in full, otherwise you would have seen the link https://charts.mql5.com/7/10/eurusd-w1-metaquotes-software-corp-temp-file-screenshot-15596.png, where the trend has been going on for over half a year....

And I'd really like an answer to your own question: "Answer me then, what's the point then? "

VNIK:

You obviously haven't read the whole topic, otherwise you would have seen the link https://charts.mql5.com/7/10/eurusd-w1-metaquotes-software-corp-temp-file-screenshot-15596.png, where the trend has been going on for more than half a year....

And I really want an answer from you to your own question, "Answer me then, what's the point then? "

Well the trend can change every three months, it all depends on what level they want to take and how quickly they take it

Alexey:
Well the trend can change every three months, it all depends on what level they want to take and how fast they take it
That's right - the trend can change every three months, and WHAT? Couldn't identify a good trend entry point in three months? ....

VNIK:
That's right - a trend can change every three months, and WHAT? Couldn't identify a good trend entry point in three months? ....
Well, that's the problem of the trader who couldn't decide.

Stasikusssss:

Answer me then, what is the point then?

I'm talking about that in general! There is some sense in it, in order not to fall out of the alleged "trend" and (perhaps) to even out the drawdown. But as we can see there are supporters of trends and those who see the global sense in it :)
Reason: