Secrets of your broker - page 19

papaklass:
The next situation arises: a stop loss is not triggered and a new position is opened. This is a MM violation. What should we do?

Rejoice as we have opened at the most favourable price relative to the last order and are moving in the right direction! As the stop loss will be triggered if the price continues to move against the market. According to conspiracy theory - after a stop loss occurs, price moves in the right direction - a pending order will protect stops as the DC algorithm calculates that it is not profitable to close the stop, as a pending order will open and DC will lose - so the price will not follow the stop.

What a mess you have here. I wonder! How many successful traders are there?

papaklass:

What about the fact that the cumulative position volume has increased? What if before going in the right direction, the market (broker) makes several such manoeuvres that will increase the volume of the position? Then a small spike against your position and no depo.

My point is that there are subtleties in your idea that you haven't thought of.

I only put forward the idea of combating the deliberate pushing of quotes into the stop loss zone - to make it unprofitable for the broker.

All the other nuances, which depend on the specific strategy, I have not considered, because without knowing the specific strategy it makes no sense to talk about tactics. Naturally, the stops should not be micron-sized...

Alexey:
What a mess you have here. I wonder! How many successful traders are there?
Be more specific about neglect, is it an escalation of paranoia?

-Aleks-:
Be more specific about the neglect, isn't it an escalation of paranoia?
Ah ha, that's what I'm talking about.

-Aleks-:
Be more specific about neglect, isn't it an escalation of paranoia?
It seems to be all over the place! Starting with the math! Stop loss knocked down by spread expansion - facepalm - worthy of the annals!!!

papaklass:
Well, well. Go on ....
Sorry, at night I got all mixed up and twisted in my head - the weekend was not in vain :-D

my previous comment can be put in the annals :-D

Z.U. Himself personally, like the author of this thread do not use stop losses. I am not going to use them because they are too big and too tight.

mmmoguschiy:
Sorry, my head was all jumbled up in the evening - the weekend was worth it :-D

♪ I can put my previous comment in the annals ♪
Catch you :-D

Alexey:
Caught you.
it happens... :-D

mmmoguschiy:
Sorry, at night I got all mixed up and turned over in my head - the weekend was not in vain :-D

my previous comment can be put in the annals :-D

Z.I. Himself personally, like the author of this thread, do not use stop losses. If you do not know what to do with them you will get a tip that will make your market look worse.
They don't have any effect on the market and they don't have any effect on the market.