Ode to martingale - page 3

3) 4) points - Build the system as best you can, leaving all the nonsense out of your head. It should contain a unique idea of where you are going to get your money from in the market and you should clearly understand what type of regularity you are exploiting.
5) there is NO greed! Nothing is NOTHING! Greed is an emotion, a Trading System contains no emotions! Trade on the system you have developed before, in which you have put your Unique Essence, continually improve the system, check carefully for logical and statistical errors. Use not only history, but also logic and a little bit of maths to check.

If you're talking about martingale:) It is not in any pure form a stat advantage in trading, it is stretching the 50% probability of winning over time. But the martingale can be turned into a profitable system by investing in it a cool idea, an original idea.

223231:
If you're talking about martingale:) It is not in any pure form a stat advantage in trading, it is stretching the 50% probability of winning over time. But martingale can be turned into a profitable system by investing in it a cool idea, an original idea.
I would also add that a rubber deposit is a must :)

server:
And I would also add - a rubber deposit is a must :)
I agree, but you have to have a lot of funds outside the deposit. And only use it in critical cases and then withdraw it back.

izzatilla:
I agree, but you need to have a lot of funds outside the deposit. And use it only in critical cases and then withdraw it back.
Exactly right - the main objective is to keep the deposit !

server:
Exactly right - the main task is to save the deposit!
then it is better not to trade at all )))

transcendreamer:
Then it is better not to trade at all)))
Of course it is better to lose the deposit than to gain it.

transcendreamer:
Then it is better not to trade at all )))
Save the deposit and multiply. Save goes first. Outside of trading, the deposit is still at risk. There is always a risk.

how much of a deposit are we talking about? in numbers please, because apart from emotions, I don't see any arguments against it so far

IvanIvanov:
What deposit size are we talking about? Numbers please, because so far I have not seen any arguments against it apart from emotions.

Personally, I am not against using Martingale, there have been times when I have been in the same trades with a loss and the Expert Advisor has closed everything with a profit.

As for the size of deposits - who can save a dollar can save a million. I believe that it is clear to all that the risk should always be as low as possible for both small and large deposits.

Reason: