Investing properly or preserving a capital of 1,000,000 USD - page 12

pfsignal_com:

This comes from a lot of conversations with friends on the subject.

How do you look at this situation? And how would you do it?

You can read about it here and see how people make money here.

All you have to do is choose.

Slivator:

Thank you! Would love to see -)))

Slivator:

Yeah, super cartoon! I advise everybody to watch it. -))) shows the realities of Russian reality in a humorous way. -)

I am inspired by the many conversations I have had with my friends on this subject. I will write down my view of the situation.

The main task and goal pursued is elementary preservation of capital, obtaining profitability is not the main goal.

The main mistake and the majority opinion - a bank deposit in several banks in one country that I think is wrong and leads to bankruptcy, it is a matter of time, examples are many (not a long example is Cyprus).

My approach is as follows,

Diversify funds into many assets (without any leverage) and many countries, namely (in % of capital):

1) A bank deposit in the country of residence (in RUB) (10%);

2) Investing in Russian Federation blue chip stocks (5%);

3) Investing in the most liquid securities of other countries (in local currency of such countries): USA, Great Britain, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Australia. (50%);

4) Investment in precious metals - gold, silver (30%);

5) Cash currency - roubles, dollars, euros. (5%).

Over time (periodically once every 3-6 months) move a small portion from one basket to another, thereby capturing profits in some assets and averaging out in others, keeping in mind the maximum weighting in each asset group.

This diversification will help you keep your savings, or some portion of it! But at least you are protected from bankruptcy!

It's been almost five years now. -) How do you look at this situation? And what would you do?

Michail Dekterev:

1) A bank deposit in your home country (in roubles) (10%);

inflation in the rouble is over 10%.

2) Investing in Russian equities (5%);

income is in roubles. and rouble inflation ... see previous point.

3) Investing in the most liquid stocks in other countries (in the local currency of those countries): US, UK, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Australia. (50%);

what do you mean liquid? america currently has the most liquid GE. the highest volume on it. because everyone is discounting it.

4) Investing in precious metals - gold, silver (30%);

. But how do you earn interest on gold? as long as your gold is in the bank, how can you withdraw profit from it every month?

. I looked at gold's chart. it has been falling in value for the last 7 years.
https://ru.investing.com/commodities/gold-advanced-chart

igrok333:

1) Bank deposit in home country (in Rubles) (10%);

inflation in Rubles is above 10%.

2) Investing in Russian equities "blue chips" (5%);

income is ruble-denominated. And ruble inflation ... see previous point.

3) Investing in the most liquid stocks in other countries (in the local currency of those countries): US, UK, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Australia. (50%);

what do you mean liquid? america currently has the most liquid GE. the highest volume on it. because everyone is discounting it.

4) Investing in precious metals - gold, silver (30%);

. How do you earn interest on gold? You keep your gold in the bank, how can you withdraw profit from it every month?

. I looked at a gold chart. It has been falling in value for the last 7 years.

1) Your inflation figures are wrong. Inflation is now no more than 4-5% a year at most.

2) It is done for diversification. Buying shares 5% of the portfolio in each country in local currency.

3) Liquid stocks are those that can easily be sold at any time at the current market price, not at a 30-50% discount or never sell at all.

4) Gold and silver in 5 years (this thread was created in 2013) have remained at their previous levels and are up in ruble terms.

The goal is not to get huge interest, but to stay with our own and if multiplied with minimal risk, then generally a good 5-10% per year.

I would now also add OFZs at 8.5% in roubles.

Michail Dekterev:

1) Your inflation figures are wrong. Inflation is now no more than 4-5% a year at most.

2) This is done for diversification. Buying 5% of the portfolio in each country in local currency.

3) Liquid stocks are those that can easily be sold at any time at the current market price, not at a 30-50% discount.

4) Gold and silver in 5 years (this thread was created in 2013) have remained at their previous levels and are rising in Rouble terms.

The goal is not to get huge interest, but to stay with what we have and if it multiplies with minimal risk, then good.

I would also add OFZs at 8.5% in roubles.

Do you still look at the official inflation figures???
What are you laughing at...?
You look at the nonofficial data.

Evgeniy Kazeikin:

Do you still look at the official inflation figures???
Are you kidding...?
You look at the nonofficial data.

Are you ignorant or do you use socially priced services, jobs, goods, there is no dispute that inflation is a bit higher there.

The official data is 2.5% for 2017. Real inflation is 4-5% per year.

Michail Dekterev:

Are you out of the loop or are you using socially priced services, jobs, goods, there is no arguing inflation is slightly higher there.

The official figures are 2.5% for 2017. Real inflation is 4-5% per year.

You tell grannies that.
Not the people here, just compare the prices a year ago and now, for the entire product segment. And I think the answer will be obvious. Or do you still believe what they write and say on TV?

Evgeniy Kazeikin:

Tell that to grannies.
Not to the people who are here, just compare the prices of a year ago and now, for the entire product segment. And I think the answer will be self-evident. Or do you still believe what they write and say on TV.

Are you healthy? I write about my experience, aware of prices and my expenses and I haven't watched TV for 9 years. For 2015, 2016, 2017 prices have changed little if you don't buy the cheapest. If you buy the cheapest then of course you will write about 10-20-30% inflation per year I am not arguing. For one mass of people inflation is real in a year of 10-20% and for others it is no more than 10% and for someone maximum 1-2%. It all depends on what you consume.
Reason: