Comparison MQL5 to MQL4

Hi...

Can anybody tell me what is the different between MQL5 and MQL4 (of course beside that MQL5 using MetaTrader5 and MQL4 using MetaTrader4)?

Thank you for enlightment.

Stephanus Ivan Yulianto: Can anybody tell me what is the different between MQL5 and MQL4 (of course beside that MQL5 using MetaTrader5 and MQL4 using MetaTrader4)?

As a starting point, I suggest reading the following:

After that, I would suggest reading the documentation as a follow-up, because MQL5 has evolved since the above publications, with extra additions for some compatibility with MQL4.

Also, MQL4 has evolved quite a bit into MQL4+ so as to make it more compatible with MQL5.

Stephanus Ivan Yulianto:

Hi...

Can anybody tell me what is the different between MQL5 and MQL4 (of course beside that MQL5 using MetaTrader5 and MQL4 using MetaTrader4)?

Thank you for enlightment.

MT5 is 64 bit and has more functionality that is being added to all the time. It has a commited support and development path.

MT4 is 32 bit, only available via a broker, receives only essential updates and is no longer being developed.

Fernando Carreiro #:

As a starting point, I suggest reading the following:

After that, I would suggest reading the documentation as a follow-up, because MQL5 has evolved since the above publications, with extra additions for some compatibility with MQL4.

Also, MQL4 has evolved quite a bit into MQL4+ so as to make it more compatible with MQL5.

Thank you very much...

Paul Anscombe #:

MT5 is 64 bit and has more functionality that is being added to all the time. It has a commited support and development path.

MT4 is 32 bit, only available via a broker, receives only essential updates and is no longer being developed.

thank you very much.. i do appreciate it.

Stephanus Ivan Yulianto #:Thank you very much...

You are welcome!

Reason: