Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 22

TheXpert: By the way, if I were an asicovendor, I'd jack up the prices now.
It depends on what (gigashes/sec) and with what delivery time. Can you give me any specific figures?

Mathemat:
It depends on what and how long it will take to get it. Can you give me some figures?

Yes. Bitfury and Knc are promised in October, and in December it's going to be a mess. It seems that the first batches of Terraminer's 2.5Ph are already sold out and there's a queue for the second batches. At the current price will oversaturate the market, and the asking price of a couple of thousand dollars.

Here is a perfectly adequate resource -- http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

I got in by the way. I feel I'll bite my hands up to my elbows till the car starts up.

Mining Dashboard - The Genesis Block
  • mining.thegenesisblock.com
Company Product Die (nm) Cost (BTC) Cost (USD) Cost (EUR) Speed (GHash/sec) Power (Watts) $ / GH Watts / GH Available Shipping Country of Origin

Mathemat:

Not counting the cost of electricity. And it eats a lot.

Or have these costs already been factored into the "4 roubles" figure? And 5 kWh per day is already under 20 roubles per day...

That only eats up the iron. The iron also needs a big cooling system, which also eats up a lot. Plus, all this stuff needs a separate room, because everything heats up like a sauna + cooling system is very noisy.

I know a bitcoin addict. He claims that everything he earns is mostly spent on upgrades and electricity bills. His only hope is that the bitcoin exchange rate goes up or iron prices go down. Otherwise, he'll have to shut down the whole operation.

The trouble with bitcoin addicts is that they are guided by the revenue side, and do not calculate the expenditure side in advance. And after they invest the dough in iron, it is a bit late to turn back. That is why in the Internet the supply of iron exceeds demand.

TheXpert:

Yes. Bitfury and Knc are promised in October, and in December it's going to be a mess. It seems that the first batches of Terraminer's 2.5Ph are already sold out and there's a queue for the second batches. At the current price will oversaturate the market, and the asking price of a couple of thousand dollars.

Here's a pretty damn adequate resource -- http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

I got in by the way. I feel that I will chew my hands up to my elbows till the machine will start.

Here is Reshetov's follow-up:

Andrey, what kind of hardware have you got? May it be useful for some other purpose then (or in parallel), e.g. to train neural networks on it (option: to calculate systems of linear equations), or something else.

MetaDriver:

Andrey, what kind of hardware do you have? Is it possible then (or parallel) to use it in some other useful way?

For the time being there is none. It is useful only as a hot-water bottle. Well, perhaps it's possible to adapt passwords for SHA256 breaking, but in essence it's very, very specialized stuff.

FPGA is more versatile in comparison. but in terms of efficiency they blow by an order of magnitude, if not by orders of magnitude.

Well, I've calculated the risks. By the time I have to pick it up (April as planned), it should pay for itself. Next -- based on bitcoin price, complexity and market conditions.

I am well aware that I took a gamble and I am ready to lose the investment.

TheXpert:

So far, none at all. It is of use only as a hot-water heater. Well, you can probably adapt passwords for SHA256 breaking, but in essence it's very, very specialized stuff.

FPGAs are more versatile by comparison. but in terms of efficiency they blow by an order of magnitude, if not orders of magnitude.

Well, I've calculated the risks. By the time I have to pick it up (April as planned), it should pay for itself. Next -- based on bitcoin price, complexity and market conditions.

I am well aware that I took a gamble and I am ready to lose the investment.

Yeah. How much is the opium device?

MetaDriver:
Yeah. How much is the opium device?
That's fine :) I can send you the figures in a private message if you're really interested.

TheXpert:
That's fine :) I can give you the figures in person if you're really interested.
is it a drug or an illegal product? can't you put a price on it openly?

sergeev:
Is it a drug or an illegal commodity? Can't the price be disclosed openly?
What's the point?

sergeev:
is it drugs or illegal goods?

Yeah, about...

;)

Reason: