Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 14

zfs:

1. The compiler has other purposes.

2. It won't. The helper is already partly there.

3. You already have the compiled code, the old compiler you can save to your computer yourself.

1. I would like to get a response from developers, or real figures, theoretically it seems there should be a speed increase;

2. Bad. I understood that the helper is on the new syntax, but it will not be very easy to sopoprovide changes, I was talking about a helper that allows you to see the changes, such as "before this, and now like this".

3. I can save it, but it's not the solution, because you have to shamanize it.

Just read the links in the first post. It's all specifically written there.

Renat:
Just read the links from the first post. It's all specifically written there.

If that's all the changes, they don't seem to be critical, but then one wonders about the overpriced work in MQL5, if the difference in code syntax is not so huge...

Still, for me the main question remains, will the compiler add performance to, say, EA/indicator after bringing the code in line? Will it be possible to finally engage all CPU cores in the EA's tester?

-Aleks-:

If that's all the changes, they don't seem to be critical, but then one wonders about the overpriced work in MQL5, if the difference in code syntax is not so huge...

Still, for me the main question remains, will the compiler add performance to, say, EA/indicator after bringing the code in line? Will it be possible to finally engage all the CPU cores in the EA's tester?

But the answer is silence...

-Aleks-:

And there's silence in response...

MQL5 is a more complex language for programmers, requiring more work, but it has some advantages over MQL4, for a tester you can use all the cores and the cloud.

-Aleks-:

Silence in response...

And then of course you can't read the topic, you can't follow the links in the first post and look at the description of the announcements, too - "lots of boo-boo".

zfs:

MQL5 is a more complicated language for programmers, requiring more work, but it has some advantages over MQL4, for tester you can use all cores and the cloud.

Not at all! MQL5 is much easier and more enjoyable than 4. Although for programmers here in the "work" services, etc., it's more profitable to tell bogeymen :)

JJerboa:

Not at all! MQL5 is much easier and more enjoyable than 4. Although for programmers here in the "job" services, it's more profitable to tell horror stories :)

You're not a programmer, are you? It's easier to write in MQL4 at least because everything is already written, while in MT5 you have to write a lot from scratch, there are no standard functions, the code is longer, the compiler and possibilities are better, and the downside is bugs.

zfs:
Вы же не программист? На MQL4 писать проще хотя бы потому, что всё уже написали, а в МТ5 нужно многое писать нуля, нет стандартных функций, код длиннее, лучше компилятор и возможности, минус - наличие багов.

Well, I'm something of a programmer. And in my opinion, MQL5 cannot be unambiguously evaluated as "more complex" or "simpler". For very simple tasks, labor costs are small for both cases, and about the same. Then, with increasing complexity, at first labor costs in MQL5 begin to grow faster (especially if OOP is used), however, from a certain point - labor costs in MQL4 begin to grow much faster than in MQL5. And in my opinion, the maintenance of complex code of at least tens of thousands of lines is much more difficult in MQL4.

zfs:
You're not a programmer, are you? If only because everything is already written in MQL4, it is easier to write in MQL5. In MT5 you have to write a lot from scratch, there are no standard functions, the code is longer, there is a better compiler and possibilities, and the minus is the bugs.

I'm not a programmer at all! It's harder to write in MQL4, because your hand gets tired :)

It's easier to use MQL5 if only because the notion of order-position-trade is separated + different trinkets like "click with scroll on the function", styler, tester.

Reason: