Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 51

Urain:

Well, you shouldn't have got the cancer by the stone. Would have suggested just doubling the informativeness instead of 52 bytes 88.

The same thing hrenfx suggested from the beginning.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

An interesting topic for many people: What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes are coming

MetaDriver, 2013.08.11 17:04

................................................................................

--

Actually, I'm developing these formats right now for my own purposes. Publication of them here is just a by-product of my elaboration. Someone may find them useful.

ps. The designations "Mql_6_PackedRates" and "Mql_6_Rates" should be considered purely accidental (artistic caprice), as they do not correspond to anything in reality. I have a different name for them in my project.

pps. "The author's opinion doesn't always coincide with his point of view." (c) Pelevin

hrenfx:

Don't worry, there is bound to be (not everyone) an MT5 tester with as much accuracy as possible for the M1, with the Cloud option available in-house.

There's no way the MT5 developers can exacerbate such a scenario.

Waiting...

;)

MetaDriver:

Waiting...

;)

You can wait for anything, but it's better to do it yourself. You may not wait, or yours will be better than the one you've been waiting for. )))

tol64:
You can wait for anything, but it's better to do it yourself. Otherwise, you might not wait, or yours will turn out better than the one you've been waiting for. )))
I don't know about better, but you can get old waiting for sure :)

tol64:
You can wait for anything, but it's better to make it yourself. Otherwise, you might not wait, or yours will turn out better than the one you've been waiting for. )))

"- And you're right!" (c) Popular Sufi books

Urain:
I don't know about better, but you can grow old waiting for it :)

"- And so are you...."

;)

MetaDriver:

"- And you're right!" (c) Popular Sufi books

"- And so are you...."

;)

Let's better write a tick tester, there's a history of ticks pumping in (a bunch of dillings offer) and there's nothing to test them in.

Urain:
Let's better write a tick tester, there are plenty of tick histories to download (a lot of dealers offer them), but there's nothing to test them in.
Well, why do you think I'm messing around with formats? :) I'm prescribing inputs for the tester...

Urain:
Let's better write a tick tester, there are lots of tick histories to download (lots of dilling offers), and there's nothing to test them in.

MT4, JForex, StockSharp, Forex Connect, ... - all have a tick tester. No offence, but the feeling is that you want a tick tester for the sake of a tick tester.

The tick tester itself is the dumbest thing. It's just writing the storage of the current order table. That is, write its data structure once. And that's almost all.

Well, yes, on every tick we check each element from the order table - whether it has changed its status or not according to the incoming tick - a comparison with two prices.

All in all, it would take a programmer two hours to write it on his or her own knee. Nothing complicated.

10^6 ticks per day, one symbol at a time. If multipliers, maybe 10^7 ticks per day. For information, 10^6 minutes ~ 27 years.

Can't do without filters. But filters are indirectly related to the tester. In short, it's better to move than sit.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных - Документация по MQL5

Laryx:

Personally, I also think that all these visual constructors - do not have great prospects.

There is rightly noted - "how many of them have sunk into oblivion" - indeed, if WYSIWIG-principle would have a significant advantage over conventional code - surely would have stood out stable products that have their constant fans. Alas, as far as I know there are no such products.

Therefore, directing efforts to create a visual environment does not seem reasonable to me personally.

Ignoring the obvious. All GUI's have been created almost exclusively with WYSIWIG editors for a long time. (c) Renat.

Any mass programming environment (VisualStudio, Delphi, etc.) already provides extensive visual component programming tools, and the components are not just visual at all, there are plenty of non-visual ones, with heaps of third-party component libraries ranging from sophisticated buttons to ready-made HTTP servers and interfaces to databases.

Another thing is that the combination "visual builder + code in basic programming language" is used there, so it's normal and correct. Purely visual schemes "draw and work" are not real yet. There were attempts, but the matter has not moved beyond "play and forget".

The most advanced approach is probably "draw + add". (imha)

hrenfx:

MT4, JForex, StockSharp, Forex Connect, ... - all have a tick tester. No offence, but the feeling is that you want a tick tester for the sake of a tick tester.

I need a tester on mql5, to be called from an EA.

Although I'm thinking to make my own simple (for starters) environment for conversion, testing and research.

I cannot do without filters. But the filters have indirect relation to the tester. In short, it's better to move than sit.

Agreed.
Reason: