Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 2

Renat:

Nothing has been ordered, development and deployment are well underway.

We have been cutting off the tails of some particularly shouty competitors with the MT4 upgrade. And we are happy that we can bring together two languages and get rid of support for old code and old systems.

As the amount of changes will be large, we are inviting everyone to participate in the long testing and bug fixing process.

Thank you for your response. And this is very cool.

Another question: what are the prospects for the development of MT4 and MT5?

Will it be the parallel development, adapted to different conditions, or will it become closer to a full unification with the absorption of one of the projects?

I just want to decide for myself whether to keep the connection with both projects (in case of parallelism) or to single out one of them (if they will converge anyway, it doesn't matter which way).

Urain:
It's already a tradition for you :)
I asked for it myself in my "wants" and now I'm stunned...

Meganovost..........

Does MT5 have any prospects other than RTS futures? Is there any chance for Russian market equities in its entirety? Or after the MT4 upgrade will MT5 become something narrowly focused and in low demand?

Will the number of buffers in the indicators add up?

MetaDriver:
It means that mql4 is dead. And rightly so. :)

It means that MT5 is not coming to life.

And what that mt4/five will be is an open question.

Urain:

Thank you for your reply. And it is very good.

Another question: what is the future of MT4 and MT5?

Will it be parallel development adapted to different conditions or will there be convergence to complete unification with the absorption of one of the projects?

Just want to decide for myself whether to keep in touch with both projects (in case of parallelism) or single out one of them (if they are going to converge anyway, it doesn't matter which way).

The prospects for both systems are good. They are designed for different markets.

We realized that we can easily extend the functionality of MT4 by extending the existing solutions (IDE + compiler) to MQL4 and we did it.

The multitude of jackals (all companies have such "friends") dance around us asking the same questions "when will you die? Most of them are stimulated by competitors and some of them are driven by envy.

It is naive to think in terms of "which system will survive". We're not just developing software, we're building a sustainable business, building and protecting our market share. At the moment we have a great position with a huge share of MetaTrader 4 forex and a growing share of MetaTrader 5 stock.

Our competitors are very unhappy that we have been actively upgrading MetaTrader 4 over the past six months, launching new services and not letting them play comparative games of "we have 3 features better than MetaTrader 4".

In any case, traders remain the winners - more and more services and features on the same platform.

zfs:
Does MT5 have any prospects apart from RTS futures? Is there any chance for Russian market equities in the full range? Or after the MT4 upgrade, will MT5 become something narrowly focused and in low demand?

Stay tuned for the latest news - they are published here all the time.

The latest news is that two Brazilian stock brokers have launched MetaTrader 5 on the local Bovespa exchange and two Polish brokers are already connecting directly to the Warsaw exchange.

Developing, connecting, certifying, marketing locally in each country and dealing with implementation is a huge job that we do all the time. It is not done on a capstone level and such work is not visible on the forums. The way we are progressing makes me very happy.

splxgf:
Will the number of buffers in the indicators add up?
Yes

On the custom history in MT5, has the position not changed?
Reason: