Discussion of high-frequency trading on MT5 - page 87

papaklass:

So you have to fight with something you don't understand. :)

So it's clearly written there that most LPs are in the same place, i.e. the problem is not the execution but the forecast horizon, as on a small horizon there is a lot of pressure from other HFT bots at a much higher level. Their response times can be in microseconds. There you go and try to compete.

I'd like to feel it all with my hands... It's hard to even ask questions blindly.

TheXpert:
I'd like to feel it all with my hands... It's hard to ask questions blindly.
It's like with someone else's girl, you want to feel her, but who'll let you, he's fed her and watered her, and someone else will dance to her, you know?)

sanyooooook:
It's like with someone else's girl, you want to touch her, but who'll let you, he's fed her and watered her and the other one will dance on her, you know?)
I'm not asking for it, I'm just saying :) I have enough of my own.

I'm generally sceptical about predicting even a few seconds ahead, maybe because I haven't tried it myself yet.

I am sceptical about the possibility of predicting even a few seconds ahead, maybe because I have not tried it myself. I have suspicions at once, what if you are given a false forecast, that is, someone has calculated one step ahead of you. They give information to make a false forecast and play against you. Either someone is working faster and you are only getting the tails.)

papaklass:

Note in hrenfx's reasoning that all LPs sit on cross-connects.

I have a slightly off-topic question: why do you take his words as truth?

sanyooooook:
I have a slightly off-topic question: why do you take his words as truth?

and you'd better write about the point he was wrong about.

Aren't LPs on cross-connects?

sergeev:

You'd better write about his thesis that he's wrong.

Aren't LPs on crossconnects?

I don't know it. Do you know it? Do you know it for sure? Prove it and I'll believe you.

I don't mean the specifics, I mean the general.

sanyooooook:
I don't know it. Do you know it? Do you know it for sure? Prove it and I'll believe you.
check it out ) then tell us.

TheXpert:
Check it out ) tell us later.
See, no one knows, but he does. Where did he get it from? Did someone tell him? Did he organise it himself?
Reason: