Norm? - page 30

alexeymosc:

Ran the Expert Advisor on EURUSD at five-minute open prices. The report is in Excel. Allowed myself to dig a little into the results:

Indeed, SL&TP are always set on entries. On the other hand, I have and do not set SL&TP on exits. (I added the red bars for myself).

This is MT5... there stops are not indicated when position overlaps with opposite entry.

So what's with the stops on the exits.

Mathemat:

Well, it's all worked out now.

In that case, the stability of this system in the test published by the author is astonishing. It simply cannot be so unsinkable - with such primitive position management.

Topikstarter, drop here or give me a link to the archive of quotes on which you tested.

Or give exact coordinates of brokerage company, on quotes of which this trick was done.

What have you got there?

For signals, you can download the history in CSV format. You can see in the commentaries to the orders that the takes and stops are present and triggered. We don't always trade with fixed lots but according to the history the positive МO is obtained when converted to the fixed lot. Of course there are not enough trades to make any conclusions.

I.e. the preliminary conclusion: this is not a scam.

I would not buy Expert Advisor and signals because the profitability / drawdown ratio, judging by the history of trades (and there are not enough for conclusions), is clearly not in favor of buying this EA even at a lower price, will pay for itself. Simply put, the author has to modify the strategy. There seems to be some groundwork, but at the moment it is unattractive for investments.

And how many deals there are in 12 years of testing.

lordlev:

komposter I am not interested in such terms and conditions. The Expert Advisor is designed to be invested for six months or more. In 1.5 months it may show a profit below the average, but then the profit can sharply increase. I will either argue on my terms and conditions. In other words, the robot does not give to the investor a chance to try it and the robot is not a pipsqueak. The description, please note that it says so - from six months.

Half a year is half a year. You won't run away, will you? ;)

Terms and conditions: If on the interval of 09.01.2013 - 09.07.2013 profit of the Expert Advisor (based on testing results) is lower than the average profit for the six months of the published reportby more than50%, or the drawdown for the same period exceeds the average drawdown for the six months of testing (also by 50% or more), then the victory is mine. Otherwise it is yours.

I.e., roughly: if he is now making 6K a year with fixed lot (3K over 6 months), he must make at least $1500 on our six-month forward, otherwise I win. It's similar with drawdown - it shouldn't be much larger than the average drawdown over 6 months (not to be confused with the maximum over the whole testing period).

If a new version appears in the marketplace, it also means my win, as the new version can account for new quotes.

By hand?

komposter:

Half a year is half a year. You won't run away? ;)

I will repeat the terms: If on the interval 09.01.2013 - 09.07.2013 EA profit (based on testing results) is lower than the average profit for the six months of the published reportby more than50%, or the drawdown for the same period is greater than the average drawdown for the six months of testing (also by 50% or more), then the victory is mine. Otherwise it is yours.

I.e., roughly: if he is now making 6K a year with fixed lot (3K over 6 months), he must make at least $1500 on our six-month forward, otherwise I win. It's similar with drawdown - it shouldn't be much larger than the average drawdown over 6 months (not to be confused with the maximum over the whole testing period).

If a new version appears in the marketplace, it also means my win, as the new version can account for new quotes.

By hand?

On a showdown. I'll bet $100 against your $100. It's a fair bet.

50 from me, too :) at least it'll be interesting to follow.

TheXpert:
50 from me, too :) at least it'll be interesting to watch.
In whose favour?

lordlev:
in whose favour?

Awesome question ) if your advisor is good, I'll give you 50, if it's a flop, you give me 50.

The terms are like the Composter.

TheXpert:

Awesome question ) if your EA is good, I 50 you, if it's a flop, you 50 me.

The conditions are like the Composter.

I see. If you win with him, you split your winnings(my 100) in half. If I do, I take your 150 with him. It's like poker.
Reason: