Question on working with stops: classic on limiters + stops integrated into position - page 2

Sieg:

I set SL/TP on the corresponding volume, not on the whole position, and the system closes the whole position!

Net position is for accounting. But why the hell the system makes a decision for me and manages my position, if I give specific orders to buy a particular volume at a particular level!

If SL or TP (set by you) works, then the position is closed completely.

For a partial close, you must use the opposite order, smaller volume, and keeping the old SL and TP.

Alexx:

I repeat, SL/TP work as described (for the whole position). By placing them, you are giving exactly that order to the broker. Nobody decides anything for you.

You are not being cheated, you don't have to use them if you are not happy with their behaviour.

That's what's wrong with the system.

This is exactly what constitutes a violation of stock trading rules and broker/dealer regulations.

I give an order to buy/sell the corresponding volume (and it is in the system) - 100000 (for example), and the system accepts and registers my order!

BUT! It (read broker) sets MY stops and takeoffs for the whole position, which is a direct violation of my volume order!

Or it turns out that the system initially misled me by giving me the opportunity to set these data on the corresponding volume....

Once again - this is not me doing this! As the system (broker)... accepted and registered my order to sell/buy exactly 100000 but not 200000 or 100000000000....

Sieg:

Am I the only sucker?

looks like one.

sergeev:

looks like one.

well, well...

I was expecting something like that :)

Oh, my God. Why make a big deal out of it? You know how the scheme works and have been warned from the start. You've been told 10 times how it works and you keep going on about it. SHE, THEY. )))

Take Profit and Stop Loss close the entire volume. If you want to close part of it, use pending orders.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

papaklass:

If you advise something, advise it correctly. Pending orders require stops to be set, and setting stops will change the stops on a position. :) There is also such a parameter as StopLevel. It may prevent you from leaving the stops that exist on the position.

To Sieg

You don't have to shine a light in front of the blind. Life will put everything in its place. It just takes time. We (traders) just have to wait.

In principle I agree...

Interesting response from developers and "a-la-brokers" who have adopted such a system in combat mode.

papaklass:

If you advise something, advise it correctly. Pending orders require stops to be set, and setting stops will change the stops on a position. :) There is also such a parameter as StopLevel. It might not allow you to leave the stops existing at the position.

Well, of course, you need to control all of these moments. It's all described in such detail that even the lazy cannot miss it. Why have you given your advice so sparingly? Stop Levels are not the only thing. Go on while you're at it. ))) Then chew what has already been chewed and spoon-feed it to you if you think it is right. )))

A person is just getting acquainted with the system theoretically, without checking it out with practice.

There are no problems with stops. There are two modes of working with stops:
  1. classic limit order based (everything works the same here)
  2. Integrated stops, where global stops are placed on a position (which simplifies position management and avoids the trader having to maintain a stack of parallel limit orders)

Trading is changing and it is unwise to stick to archaic order systems.

Our hybrid integrated stop model has worked well in previous systems, saving the mass traders from the horrors of CCA orders and providing a simple position management mechanism.

papaklass:
Cancel StopLevel. Weak?

but think with your head and see that many STP brokers do not apply a stop-loss level. Weak?

papaklass:
There you go, once again confirming a classic - only those strong in spirit are able to admit their mistakes. Everyone else is justifying themselves by wagging their tail.
You're having another relapse. Do not go crazy. ))
Reason: