Discussing conflicts between programmers and customers. A discussion of ambiguous situations between the programmer and the client, and a rating of the most conflicted programmer performers. - page 26

sergeev:

And believe me, find a person who is responsible for other people's orders and can solve other people's problems at least as well as I did in my time - very difficult.

Absolutely right. I think I was just unlucky, when you start working with someone who initially sets the bar high, you think that's the rule, but no, it turns out, judging by the forum, to be the exception.

In my case, the case did not go right away, and it is not related to the terms of reference.

1. i wrote a ToR about the size of an A4 sheet, description of the algorithm itself is 1/4 of the total text, the rest, a list of external variables with their functionality, probably not perfect ToR, the usual, as always wrote, i thought, if there will be questions or inaccuracies will explain in posts or on Skype.

2. In the terms of agreement to indicate the mandatory communication on Skype in case of difficulty in understanding or complexity of interpretation.

3 I have set a deadline of 3 days, I thought we would write the code in three days and maybe I will have time to test it, but not critical, most importantly, to work, and then we'll see.

4. Five people have responded, all sent their Skype tips, it means that the terms of communication on Skype have been accepted, okay, I choose one programmer, mode of choice for the top.

5. Applicant requests to coordinate the terms of reference, okay, I think I have studied the text, but there is a third of a sheet, just in case I ask, do you have no questions on the terms of reference? The answer - no questions, if I will write.

5. came the deadline, silence, the deadline came out at the end of the third day I think there are no questions or answers again I ask, maybe you have some difficulties with the terms of reference are? If anything, we can contact via Skype or write in posts, I received an answer, no questions, everything is clear, I work, and then a nervous postscript, indicating a nervous attitude to what is happening.

6 Two or more deadlines have passed, I write how are things going? The answer - a very difficult task some intricate combinations, nesting, etc., I begin to understand something is wrong, there is no in the terms of reference of any nesting and combinations, again trying to get in touch, I get a nervous response, which again the statement of the algorithm, which is clearly understood that the artist failed to understand my TK, I think it is necessary to somehow bring it into contact, in my usual human desire, I start writing some basic items in the TK paraphrasing some points to make it clear that there is no nesting, etc. In response I got not just nervous but also rude remarks.

7. more than a week has passed, no result, the artist does not go into a dialogue, I read a post from the artist, the meaning of which boils down to the fact that, let's break the agreement, because I understand that I disappointed you, it's been a long time, etc. etc. Here I think it's interesting that a person works so much writing code and all of a sudden he can quit everything so easily? I think there are two cases when this can happen - either the programmer hasn't started working or he doesn't care about his work at all. I answered something like, "No, no, it's not because of deadlines, it's just that what you are writing about the algorithm of order grid does not fit the terms of reference very well.

I received the code and comments on EA's operation and instead of 10 variables I found 45 variables with names different from mine; the correlation of old and new variables described in the comments is very unclear to me and I try to compare the functionality of these new variables with the ones I specified in my requirements specification. I have found that the functionality of variables has been changed and the order grid behavior cannot be adjusted.

9 I ask to explain some complicated aspects, but get a rejection, saying, "Read the comments to the code.

I am poking around for a couple of days, and now I understand that I cannot make any sense out of it. If I had just changed the names, the behavior of these variables, i.e. their functionality is not the same and their number is even confusing. I have voiced my demand to bring the names, quantity and functionality of the variables in accordance with my terms of reference. I receive a refusal with the following wording: the Expert Advisor has a wider functionality than in the ToR.

11. I try to understand it again, and receive refusals and a reference to the comments. I request to remove unnecessary variables, to no avail.

12 I apply to arbitration, arbitration supports the customer, demands to bring the names of variables in accordance with the terms of reference.

13 That is the end of the constructive dialogue, if it can be called such, and the Contractor is so offended by this rebuke from Arbitration that it can be considered a turning point in this entire story.

14 Contractor answers - I will hide unnecessary variables in the code, and change the names of the others according to the terms of reference, but I will not touch the extended functionality of the EA.

15 I try to test the obtained code and find out that although the names of the variables are recognizable, the grid behavior does not correspond to the ToR, because the functionality of the hidden variables has not been changed.

16 Executor demands an example of grid behavior for several steps, I provide an example, the executor complicates the task and demands an example again, I provide it, the executor complicates the task even more and demands a third time to provide an example at prices, I provide a third example, in several versions, graphically, in text and with an expert test with pictures. I receive an answer in the following vein - what you are sending me is not clear.

17. all this time there is an endless stream of posts from both sides.

18. The contractor starts poking around to each letter of his terms of reference, pointing out inaccuracies in the wording. Who's the letter-writer after all that?

Anyway, that's the story... I'll finish it when I have time.

abolk:

Why negotiate with everyone? There is a bazaar, there is a shop, there is a boutique. It is foolish for boutiques to negotiate prices with the bazaar. Every programmer is capable of estimating how much his personal labour costs. Check it easily - follow the requests in the service and look at the circle of programmers in the application "<$10". - It is different from the circle of programmers bid ">100$". At the moment, will not be a normal programmer to do 100-doll. work for $ 30-doll.

There is a perception that there are more customers than programmers - this is completely wrong. Do not forget that for a programmer service Jobs is not the only income, and the programmer is not hungry to pounce on any order. If there is an order, it's good. No order is also OK.

This 5% of customers think that they are a select few and provide an invaluable service that "from the bounty" give an order to a programmer on a "competitive basis". In reality, the customer chooses from what is offered. And not every customer is offered the best.

The customer is a killer. Would you take such an order? And the misspellings aren't with adjacent letters.
У меня такую просьбу к вам всем. Прошу помочь или подскожить у такова советника (). - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
У меня такую просьбу к вам всем. Прошу помочь или подскожить у такова советника (). - MQL4 форум

abolk:

Why negotiate with everyone? There is a bazaar, there is a shop, there is a boutique. It is foolish for boutiques to negotiate prices with the bazaar. Every programmer is capable of estimating how much his personal labour costs. Check it easily - follow the requests in the service and look at the circle of programmers in the application "<$10". - It is different from the circle of programmers bid ">100$". At the moment, will not be a normal programmer to do 100-doll. work for $ 30-doll.

There is a perception that there are more customers than programmers - this is completely wrong. Do not forget that for a programmer service Jobs is not the only income, and the programmer is not hungry to pounce on any order. If there is an order, it's good. No order is also good.

Bazaar + shop + boutique: the combination of these outlets is a sign of competition, which you deny. Anyway, that's the point.

My main message was this: if there is a "normal" cost of an hour of programmer, then why not try to performers once to reach this level. You are now saying that each contractor has its own threshold of income. Okay, so be it. But then why make reference to some abstract "normal" level of income, if it is different for everyone? It turns out that a programmer who is unhappy with his rate should be asking himself: Why did I agree to that rate? And if the answer is "because otherwise I will remain without income", then it is talking about the fact that at the moment, such rates are the market level of programmer's remuneration of labor, rather than some 100 $ per hour.

Bormotun:

On the one hand, maybe you are unlucky. On the other hand, there's a pattern - the grider customers always have terrible jobs. It's like, "Here's where we put the grid and that's it... and then it starts...

Mischek:
The client is a murderer. Would you take that order? And the misspellings aren't with adjacent letters.
Of course I wouldn't.

Bormotun:

I think I was just unlucky

15 Executor demands an example of grid behavior for several steps, I provide an example, the executor complicates the task and demands an example again, I provide it, the executor complicates the task even more and demands a third time to provide an example at prices, I provide a third example, in several versions, graphical, text and expert test with pictures. I get an answer like this: what you are sending me is not clear.

Ha ha, one in the same :). Although the performer, it would not hurt just to say what he does not like and what he sees the problem, and preferably before signing an agreement on the TOR.

How to orders without looking to take - this is normal, how then in normal communication to solve the problem - the customer fool intransigent :)

This is the danger of taking grider orders - the customer cannot explain. At the moment, personally, I have no more than 10% chance of agreeing to take a grider. And those who wrote, were written on the word of honor and with the help of some mother, sbagrilas through a magical miracle.

By the way, I just got a grid job today. It's the same as usual - "put orders", and, as usual, it doesn't even say what they are, stops or limits... That's how they are - the griders' customers - everyone has to know everything for them.

Do you think the programme should be asking questions? Asked a question. Orders without stoploss, what happens if the order catches and the price reverses before it reaches takeprofit and no trailing starts to work - That's it, the client is in a stupor, you can drive away:)

trotiloff:

One programmer describes a task as something complicated and expensive, time-consuming and very expensive.

The other, silently doing it in two days, for a reasonable price. This happens all the time.

For new customers, I can only sympathize, and recommend - do not hesitate to place the work on a competitive basis.

You save yourself time, money and nerves. There are many normal programmers who do their work well and silently.

Do not pad their prices: Oh, how difficult, yes, the stupid customers do not understand anything, yes this feature fundamentally changes the concept of the program, yes I can not do anything you have not properly drawn up terms of reference,

You do not know what you want, blah, blah, blah.

Normal programmer immediately point out the mistakes and tell you how best to do, with these people nice to work and such certainly are on this site.

For which I personally, as a customer, would like to say many thanks.

Constantly prompting his customers on those or other mistakes and deficiencies in their TOR and compiled their logic, because there are situations that are clearly visible to the programmer, and completely ignored by the customer. This is natural. Only a lot more customers consider it a nagging, rather than an attempt to help them. Some even demand, literally - do exactly as I said, without any deviations... In most cases I manage to explain what I want from them, but there are situations when I have to give up. Especially when they start to pry into the code and tell me how I should write and how not - they don't understand it, you see...
Reason: