Automated Trading Championship 2011 - Rules - page 10

Such a question for the organisers - Would it be possible to test my EA's balun (he's not trading) in order to determine when the current version will be tested on your hardware?

The rules and the article talk about two permissible file types. There is no .mqh among them. Also, there is no mention of \Include folder. And I have all classes written there. What, everyone inserts the contents of their .mqh files directly into the .ex5?

Yedelkin:

The rules and the article talk about two permissible file types. There is no .mqh among them. Also, there is no mention of \Include folder. And I have all classes written there. What, everyone inserts the contents of their .mqh files directly into .ex5?

This is an omission in the article, and where it says two types it's about the executable EA and libraries. It is possible to use 5 *.mqh files (located in \Include).

The very last point when downloading the files

Files include (up to 5 *.MQH files in /mql5/include directory):

Why do you need them, inludes, on a championship server? - You can set ex5 of the expert, and that's it.

it's another matter, if the EA's logical architecture is based on a modular lib-type, like mine (then you may be limited by the number of libraries). but it's not a problem to transfer all the logic to one sheet and compile it - i don't see any problems.

Interesting:
My question to the organizers - Will it be possible to test my Expert Advisor (he is not trading) to determine the time of testing the current version on your hardware?

Focus on testing under Xeon E5507, 2.27Ghz, RAM 12 Gb, Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition x64 in 64 bit terminal version.

We will start automatic tests soon - detailed reports will be provided to each participant for their EAs immediately.

Renat:

Focus on testing under Xeon E5507, 2.27Ghz, 12Gb RAM, Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition x64 in 64 bit terminal version.

Soon we will start automatic tests - detailed reports will be given to each competitor on their EAs at once.

I wish I could find it somewhere else.

The computer I use (Intel P4 3.0 GHz) tested a completely blank Expert Advisor in 18 seconds and the last version of the EA I prepare for the Championship in 7 minutes (no trading logic there).

In contrast, a more modern computer(AMD Phenom II X6 1090T) tested the empty EA in about 7 seconds.

Consequently, if my AMD X6 is not much inferior to those on which the experts are testing 7 minutes will turn into about 2.5-3 minutes (which is already more optimistic)...

Yedelkin:

Maybe someone has already come up with codes that allow the EA to dynamically change its parameters in the course of its work. I won't get around to it soon enough.

Such codes will undoubtedly lead to a violation of paragraph 3 point 8

III. Expert Advisors for MetaTrader 5

8. Any significant differences in the Expert Advisor's behavior during the preliminary examination and during the Championship will lead to a disqualification.

Urain:

Such codes will undoubtedly lead to a violation of paragraph 3 point 8

Not necessarily (if we are talking about dynamically changing the EA's behaviour), because such a change can also be organised during a check. But what does "dynamically change its parameters" mean is a big question.

But let's say working with 0.10 lot before the start date of the Championship, and after that with the whole depot.

To developers and organisers

If during a test the Expert Advisor needs to upload the story, how will it behave and will the time spent on uploading the story be counted as 15 minutes?

Urain:

Yedelkin:

Maybe someone has already come up with codes that allow the EA to dynamically change its parameters in the course of its work. I'm not getting around to it yet.

Such codes will undoubtedly lead to a violation of Paragraph 3 Paragraph 8

III. Expert Advisors for MetaTrader 5

8. Any significant differences in the Expert Advisor's behavior during the preliminary check and during the Championship will lead to a disqualification.

This is only at first glance. An infringement is (1)cardinal differences (2) in behaviour. The cardinal differences will be evaluated subjectively, at the level of the Jury. If the "dynamic change of parameters" is an integral part of the behaviour of the expert in the test and in the fight, then where is the difference? Well, the parameters will periodically change - the trading structure, the average amount of trades, the volumes used, the types of orders used, etc. - everything will remain the same. If desired, we can even announce in advance that the Expert Advisor (trading strategy) has such a feature and print an explicit message after each parameter change.

Interesting:

But what is meant by "dynamically changing parameters" is a big question.

It is. If I knew for sure, I'd already be working on it :) So far, I remember ideas expressed more than once that the Expert Advisor should also work on the weekend, processing some kind of information. In essence, we are talking about the processing of statistical information. Therefore, the result of such processing may be the necessity to make some changes in the Expert Advisor's parameters. In fact, some do it, but in manual mode (because there cannot be one set of parameters for all occasions).

Reason: