MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 - page 3

xds:

Here are the files I sent to my programmer

The settings of the Expert Advisor in MT4 and its analogue in MT5 are identical

No reason for the difference in pips has been found

The main reason for that is 6332 pips over a year, and moreover, on a period of 2000. For such pips strategies, any difference in one pip is critical.

Where should the tests be more correct? In MetaTrader 5, as it has a more accurate/detailed modeling tester, which also uses spread information within each minute.

The apparent discrepancy between the number of 6332 trades in MT5 and 5442 trades in MT4 indicates that at some point the transaction sequences became out of sync and the subsequent chain of operations diverged.

Unfortunately, Alpari have not yet fully synchronised and correctly prescribed the symbol history on their MetaTrader 5 server - they still do not have the spreads set. On our demo server, for example, we have the history with prescribed spreads.

The best advice is to write EAs so that they are not affected by small differences of 1-2 pips. This means don't be fooled by pips.

Renat:

The main reason is the blatantly pipsqueaky performance of 6332 trades in a year, and even more so on the 2000 period. For such pips-based strategies any difference of a pip is critical.

Where should the tests be more correct? In MetaTrader 5, as it has a more accurate/detailed modelling tester, which also uses spread information within each minute.

The apparent discrepancy between the number of 6332 trades in MT5 and 5442 trades in MT4 clearly indicates that at some point the sequences of trades became out of sync and the subsequent chain of operations diverged.

Unfortunately, Alpari have not yet fully synchronised and correctly prescribed the symbol history on their MetaTrader 5 server - they still do not have the spreads set. On our demo server, for example, we have the history with prescribed spreads.

The best advice is to write EAs so that they are not affected by small differences of 1-2 pips. This means don't be fooled by pips.

Year 2000, Minutes and Pips are just an example. No more than that.

The situation is rolled from 2000 to 2010 on other TFs and tp/sl

If you take tp/sl over 100 (5 digit quote) the situation does not change fundamentally. MT5 goes up, and MT4 still plummet. sometimes they plummet together of course (it depends on the settings and the market situation)

Overall stagnation

The explanation has not been found. The programmer is testing the code, but so far the silence.

xds:

2000, Minutes and Pips as an example. No more than that.

Situation rolled from 2000 to 2010 on other TFs and TP/SL.

If you take tp/sl for 100 (5 digit quote) the situation does not change fundamentally. MT5 goes up, and MT4 still plummet. sometimes, and together plummet of course (it depends on the settings and the market situation)

Overall, it is a complete stagnation.

The explanation has not been found. The programmer is testing the code, but so far the silence.

I also had a problem with one EA, MT5 and MT4, the only way out was to use both MT5 and MT4 demos at Alpari (servers must be the same) and use my "online" eye to see how and what opened - this is the most reliable way to compare the performance of one and the same system on MT5 and MT4.

xds:

2000, Minutes and Pips as an example. No more than that.

This is a direct and clear example. Pipsew strategies are not confirmable in slightly changed conditions (e.g. at a different broker).

No explanation will be found until one refuses to accept the impossibility of confirming pipsing strategies.

A story repeated more than a dozen times on our forums. Everyone goes through writing unprotected/unproblematic signals.

Renat:

This is a direct and clear example. Pips strategies are not confirmable in slightly different conditions (e.g. at a different broker).

The explanation will not be found until one refuses to accept the impossibility of confirming pipsqueak strategies.

A story repeated more than a dozen times on our forums. Everyone goes through writing unprotected/unproven signals.

And what is to be considered as a pips? 2-3-7-10-15 pips? Everyone has their own criteria.

Renat:

This is a direct and clear example. Pips strategies are not confirmed in slightly different conditions (e.g. at a different broker).

No explanation will be found until one refuses to accept the impossibility of confirming pipsqueak strategies.

A story repeated more than a dozen times on our forums. Everyone goes through writing unprotected/unproblematic signals.

Did you read my post?

My TS is also verified - TS made for mt4 and mt5 go in different directions in terms of profitability without using scalping.

You can use stops of 100-300 pips or more... It doesn't eliminate basic disagreement!

The problem I pointed out is not solved!

marker:
I also struggled with one advisor, mt5 and mt4, the only way out I found was to put mt5 and mt4 up at alpari (servers must be the same) and use my "online" eyes to see how and what opened - this is the most reliable way to compare how the same system works on mt5 and mt4.
i don't think it suits me.

xds:
That doesn't work for me.

What's stopping you?

Once again, take the same settings and at least run it for one week and compare trades, or better still, watch with your eyes and everything will fall into place, much will become clear.

marker:

What's stopping you from doing that?

I want to get a reference point for the ts before the online. Either throw it away or grind it
Reason: