The future of automated trading - page 11

mrProF:
Ok, don't agree with my opinion, give me official figures.
I have seen how many brokerage companies I have reviewed (not only Russian), most of them were mt4.

I have no official figures. Besides, I'm not sure what we should measure in figures without taking into account the turnover put on the market.

and how many DTs you have reviewed has nothing to do with statistics

Mischek:

I have no official figures. Besides, I'm not sure what we should measure in figures without taking into account the turnover put on the market.

and how much you reviewed has nothing to do with statistics

I updated my message, re-read it.
The number of computers on which MT is running should be measured.

Renat:
Currently there are over 350 brokers using mt4 under their labels and somewhere closer to 1000 unique labeled terminals.
Wow, I didn't realise it was that many o_o...

Prival:
They should have made a page like OUR software - company name - link to the website a long time ago. And we'll see if it's a broker or a DC. Thank God you don't say 350 banks (although I was recently pleasantly surprised, found a bank that uses your software).
Here is the bank http://www.migbank.com/ru/:)

mrProF:
I don't think so, just look at the address of the site, isn't it about MT5? I don't see why you waste your and our time on idle talks that have no purpose, because you do not use MT5.

And the problem I described is a problem with making changes to MT5 at your request and applies to quite a large group of MT5 users, not me.

If you have any suggestions to the developers, go to the service desk, there is no need to discuss what exactly does not suit you in MT5. I will not engage in any further dialogue on the subject.

You don't use mt5. I visit different forums once a month to check what's new. :) And this one too.

Renat:

More than 40 brokers have already bought MT5 and more are testing.

We do not have the task of shouting in public about our clients.

You make a page with a list of brokers, you have to search the web...

And so as not to be offended, withdraw randomly))

Interesting:

I honestly have no idea. Maybe add tools, maybe provide minimum lots, maybe something else.

We have a different view of the situation, based on deeper communication with brokers and implementation statistics.

I suggest we wait 3 months - everything will be visible to the public as well.

Interesting:

I don't doubt that MT5 is being bought. except that the same Alpari will soon start registering real accounts.

Although I am personally considering it as a possible trading platform for myself.

Although I personally think that Alpari might register real MT5 accounts for trading, I am sure that there will be people who will register real MT5 accounts and will give MT5 accounts priority over the possibility to trade on MT4.

At this point I have no idea what kind of promotion strategy Alpari would try to pull in order to get potential clients to open an MT5 account instead of an MT4 one.

I honestly have no idea. Maybe add tools, maybe provide the minimum lots, maybe something else.

If you do not have to shout, they should say - "From the number X you will start registering real accounts on MT5, the trading conditions see here" (or something like that).

At the moment the best choice is to register an MT4 account and do the analysis on an MT5.

Why would you perform analysis on an MT5? Because the MQL here is more advanced in terms of mechanical trading, and the Strategy Tester is multicurrency.

Why trade on MT4? Your trading robot is the most popular, because it is the terminal that allows you to implement all the strategies from a trading solution point of view, it is the trading complex that has won the market and the trust of its customers, because there is a variety of trading conditions for the MT4 (from cent accounts, to multi-terminal and PAMM accounts), because there are many reasons to consider MT4 as the best trading platform.

PS

And what we see in the end - a trading account is opened in MT4, the analysis is conducted in MT5 (cool, you would think that the 5 is not able to trade).

But tell me - why such a situation is considered quite normal? Isn't it COSTLY?

Ok, let's assume the 5 was developed purely for the stock market, but tell me why they ignore the existing features that work properly in MT4?

Or both platforms will be developed in parallel? Suppose, but then the question arises (since we are talking about MTC) - will there be elements of OOP added to MQL4?

And there was such a statement (I can't say that of the developers) - The new language supporting OOP will be integrated into the old engine first, and only then will there be a full transition to MT5.

Vladimir, aren't you exaggerating?))
I'm not exaggerating, for example after a trial run with the demo, I don't mind to throw my money to MT5 account))
For big companies the main thing is their reputation, make screenshots more often and in case of problems you should proudly raise your head and address your claims to your broker, I'm sure they will return your money and correct your mistake))
We are not in the Stone Age, and everyone understands that in the case of an error due to the fault of the software developer, you only need to whisper once in the blog, and their profits will fall at times.

Для крупных компаний главное репутация, делайте скриншоты почаще, и в случае проблем с гордо поднятой головой к брокеру с притензиями, я уверен Ваши деньги вернут, а ошибку исправят)).

At normal brokers, all disputes are resolved and very often in favour of the clients. The brokers will pay for the developers' mistakes, not you, so why worry?

Why don't you tell me why they rejected my offer to reduce lots' sizes at the Championship 2010?

This is the Championship. What is the point of trading at 0.01? You should start with not less than 1.0 lot to achieve anything at all. In general, trading conditions are provided by your broker who has to be contacted.

The best choice at the moment is to register an MT4 account and do the analysis in MT5.

I don't think so. I personally trade futures. I don't trade futures using MT4, it's not that convenient because of the lack of connectivity. So what platform to trade on is not a question for me. Personally, I'm one of the first to switch to MT5. I have already partially switched to it.

Renat:

We have a different view of the situation based on deeper communication with brokers and implementation statistics.

I suggest we wait 3 months - everything will be visible to the public as well.

I can wait three months, I can wait six months. I can wait a year. Gods don't live as long as I can wait.

It won't make any difference.

mrProF:
Vladimir, aren't you exaggerating?))

I don't know. I don't think I'm exaggerating. Especially this market can be viewed from different sides. For example, it can be viewed from the viewpoint of a programmer who, generally speaking, doesn't care what the result will be or what kind of overhead costs will be in trading. The programmer wants everything to fit into the logic of TS and the trading system's capabilities.

And what will happen if we look at it not through the eyes of a programmer, but, say, through the eyes of a system trader who needs maximum functionality and efficiency with minimal overhead costs?

The hell with lots - you can trade without them. But still I cannot understand why it may not be done optionally (the broker or broker may choose whether they need them or not). And if they do, on which instruments?)

NETTING - lots were removed, the hell with it. But what about all the rest? Who of the developers can explain why the results of flips and cuts are executed as they are executed?

mrProF:
For example after the demo I don`t mind to deposit my money to MT5 account))
If you do not know the difference between the real and simulated accounts you may use them as a tool to realize your hopes, to understand the real situation.)

Well, if there is a brokerage company with conditions that allow me to comfortably trade with a deposit of $200 and I'm not against getting nervous, or providing MTS with some crazy action. But 200 dollars and not a cent more.

For those whose TS fully complies with the rules, conditions and possibilities of MT5, they may deposit $10,000 worth of real money.

And comparing the overhead of my strategy (which was originally developed for any platform) in MT4 and MT5 unfortunately I have come to a disappointing conclusion - in any scenario 5-a will give me a 100% deposit loss.

Reason: