Using OpenCV to recognize graphic patterns - page 2

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Thanks for the video, I'm hooked : )

But it's not exactly what we need, but it's okay for general education. We need to recognize (memorize, whatever) 2 graphical patterns and compare them for similarity. This is the first task to start with. I'm not sure if we need to train a neural network for that

Obviously you don't quite understand what OpenCV is. It is a library of fast matrix/vector operations running on multiple computer cores or multiple graphics card cores.

Pattern recognition is a field such as machine learning. Deep, convolutional and other special neural networks can be used for this purpose.

The use of OpenCV neural networks in training gives a significant performance boost. That's all.

So your question = cart before the horse.

First you have to figure out how you will define the "pattern" (bitmap image? numeric vector? or something else?).

Learn, learn and learn.

Good luck

Vladimir Perervenko:

You obviously don't quite understand what OpenCV is. It is a library of fast matrix/vector operations performed on several computer cores or many graphics card cores.

Pattern recognition is a field such as machine learning. Deep, convolutional and other special neural networks can be used for this purpose.

The use of OpenCV neural networks in training gives a significant performance boost. That's all.

So your question = cart before the horse.

First you have to figure out how you will define the "pattern" (bitmap image? numeric vector? or something else?).

Learn, learn and learn.

Good luck

Thank you for the unclear comment :)

I'm interested in the accuracy of the definition at this stage, what this thing is capable of at all, without going into deep detail... Can it recognize and compare patterns more accurately than I would through correlation, for example. I don't really care if it's a bitmap or a vector. I understand it already comes with trained layers, and nothing there is no need to train, it will just give a finished result ... but you can also train it for their own purposes, which is already more complicated

Il, can you advise some other method of comparing two curves, more accurate? So that the neural network would not give me something like "yes, I identified this graph, this is a real graph, I'm good... but I can't guarantee the accuracy".

Or application of this method would be limited by intensive training of neural networks, selection of their configurations, selection of training samples, etc... I don't really want to do that for the next 50 years of my life

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Thank you for your indecipherable comment :)

I'm interested in the accuracy at this stage, what this thing can do at all, without going into deep details... Can it recognize and compare patterns more accurately than I would through correlation, for example. I don't really care if it's a bitmap or a vector. I understand it already comes with trained layers, and nothing there is no need to train, it will just give a finished result ... but you can also train it for their own purposes, which is already more complicated

Il, can you advise some other method of comparing two curves, more accurate? So that the neural network would not give me something like "yes, I identified this graph, it's a real graph, I'm good... but I can't guarantee the accuracy".

Or the use of this method would be limited by intensive training of neural networks, selection of their configurations, selection of training samples and so on... which I do not really want to do for the remaining 50 years of my life

Here is an example of license plate recognition on Matlab

http://matlab.exponenta.ru/imageprocess/book2/61.php

And other articles on the subject

http://matlab.exponenta.ru/imageprocess/book2/

http://matlab.exponenta.ru/imageprocess/book2/58.php

Image Processing Toolbox. Краткий курс теории обработки изображений.И.М.Журавель
  • matlab.exponenta.ru
И.М.Журавель "Краткий курс теории обработки изображений" Распознавание номерных знаков автомобилей Рассмотрим некоторые вопросы, которые могут возникнуть при решении задачи распознавания номерных знаков автомобилей. Для этого сформируем исходное изображение и считаем его в рабочее пространство MATLAB. Для упрощения дальнейших расчетов и...

From the above video seemed interesting system of training the network using the element of education - rewards and punishment - this model is well demonstrated in solving such a problem as playing not complicated computer games - maybe in this direction is more reasonable to think?

I created a similar topic, too.
I wanted to teach the system to see Elliott waves.
Google taught smartphones to recognize speech, I think we can teach them to see waves, too.

Roman Kutemov:
I created a similar topic, too.
I wanted to teach the system to see Elliott waves.
Google taught smartphones to recognize speech, it seems to me that it is possible to teach them to see waves.
The problem is we are not Google and we do not have such resources) and it is not quite clear what to do with the patterns and no one knows here... eventually I will figure it out)

It is possible without libraries and without NS. The indicator instantly recognizes and numbers up to 9999 patterns. You can do more, but there is no need in such quantity.

Uladzimir Izerski:

It is possible without libraries and without NS. The indicator instantly recognizes and numbers up to 9999 patterns. More is possible, but there is no need in so many.

9999 is nothing compared to the different variations of formations that tend to infinity. It is not only necessary to recognize a predefined pattern, but also to recognize any user-defined pattern, any piece of a chart at all, with high precision.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
9999 is nothing compared to different variants of formations, which tend to infinity. It is necessary not only to recognize a pattern, but to recognize any user-defined pattern, any piece of the chart at all, with high precision.
I don't think the price repeats its pattern with such precision, so I don't bother with such high precision. Who likes what, of course, and who understands what.

Uladzimir Izerski:
I don't think the price repeats its model with such precision, so I don't bother with such high precision. Who likes it, of course, and who understands it.
I don't think this topic is a good place to advertise your paid products
Reason: