Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 357

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You may see a cyclic pattern.

Decompose it in Fourier (in R it is 2-3 lines), plot it, and you won't see any cyclicity. It is an even spectrum.

Try the autocorrelation function. Silence again, but it should come out if there is cyclicity.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Decompose it in Fourier (in R it is 2-3 lines), plot it, and you won't see any cyclicity. It is an even spectrum.

Try the autocorrelation function. Silence again, but it should come out if there is cyclic frequency.

I think to teach NS at once, feed several different periods with these histograms, it will consider both larger and smaller changes, large will be a trend component and small will be signals to enter

And then convert the signals taking into account the current charts and their relation to bollinger bars. The method of scientific experimentation, in short

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

With the period of the boyles 1 it will be like this :)

And you can see the cyclicality

Stationary series. And outliers are removed - standard procedure

Dmitry:
Stationary row. And the emissions are removed - standard procedure

try to take the emissions into account too, LSTM, in theory, should cope

Does anyone know the answer to the question: how do NSs relate to non-stationary inputs?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I think to teach the NS at once, feed several different periods with these histograms, will take into account both larger changes and smaller, large will be a trend component and small signals to enter

And then convert the signals taking into account the current charts and their relation to bollinger. So, let's try it scientifically.

I've been studying this for some time now, and I've got no idea how to handle it. Then the training will be more adequate.

SanSanych Fomenko:
Does anyone know the answer to the question: how do NSs treat non-stationary entrances?

bad? )

SanSanych Fomenko:
Does anyone know the answer to the question: how do NS refer to non-stationary inputs?
I would like to be more specific. I can give two opposite answers).

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I've been studying the method I would have simulated it to see if there is anything worthwhile in it. Then the training will be more adequate.

Everything is clear here, extrema signal a reversal, especially the short ones, an antipersistent series is present - a new peak is followed by a new trough (in the indicator with a small period)

The opposite situation is in the indicator with a long period, the series looks persistent, a new maximum is followed by a new maximum, i.e. you can identify the long trends, at the same time, the series is stationary and you can find (approximately) the end of the trends

I've read a lot of books, haven't I?

Working algorithm: we define the trend and work by it, carrying out entries on the anti-peristence series, to increase the probability of winning. At the same time, if the indicator with a large period is close to the mean extremums, we change the deal entries to the opposite ones, if the trend starts to change

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Well, everything is clear here, extrema signal a reversal, especially of short periods, an antipersistent series is present - a new peak is followed by a new trough (on the indicator with a small period)

The opposite situation on the indicator with a long period, the series looks persistent, a new maximum is followed by a new maximum, i.e. you can identify the long trends, at the same time the series is stationary and you can find (approximately) the end of the trends

I've read a lot of books, eh?

Cool.) What's the antipersistent?

A new maximum (probably minimum) is followed by a new maximum - yes, I've seen it too, the graphs are all familiar. You simulate - and there's nothing there - empty. Maybe you'll be lucky.

Reason: