Tester: Testing of Expert Advisors in the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: An Outward Glance

New article Testing of Expert Advisors in the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: An Outward Glance has been published:

What happens after you have clicked on the "Start" button? The article answers this and many other questions.

Author: Slawa

Hi Slawa,

Thank you very much for an awesome article. I am looking for ways to yield 99% accuracy in back testing. If my EA trades on the open of the 1hour candle, do I still need tick by tick data? I would imagine that the 1M should be reasonable.

trohoang:
Hi Slawa,

Thank you very much for an awesome article. I am looking for ways to yield 99% accuracy in back testing. If my EA trades on the open of the 1hour candle, do I still need tick by tick data? I would imagine that the 1M should be reasonable.
Yes, the M1 is reasonable.

This was a great article, thanks S.S.  I have been using the stategy tester for a couple of years now and this article cleared up the mysteries.

Hello. Would you please explain more about the input settings under expert properties? I am not clear with "start", "step" and "stop" settings... 
Reason: