arrows and wrong object being added to chart. - page 4

I do not recommend making a hide/show line flag - if the line is hidden, then it is no longer possible to show it. You just need to delete the indicator and re-attach it to the chart.

You can see an example in version "1.009" (parameter 'MA Slow: hide').

Vladimir Karputov #:

I do not recommend making a hide/show line flag - if the line is hidden, then it is no longer possible to show it. You just need to delete the indicator and re-attach it to the chart.

You can see an example in version "1.009" (parameter 'MA Slow: hide').

yeah, i understand that. thats why i will add 3 more buffers, and make them calculation buffers. Is there any reason i should not do that?

EDIT or is there there a better way to make hiding of the lines optional? but keep the arrows in working order?

EDIT2: and afterthought/brain wave/enlightening moment... is the reason yours seems faster than mine, because yours does not have these calculation buffers? can i limit these re-calculations to X number of bars?

Revo Trades #: EDIT2: and afterthought/brain wave/enlightening moment... is the reason yours seems faster than mine, because yours does not have these calculation buffers? can i limit these re-calculations to X number of bars?

If a calculation requires previous data of itself, then there is a need for a calculation buffer. However, if does not depend on past values of itself, then there is no need to have a buffer for it.

EDIT: That is if it's for calculations only and not to be plotted nor to be shown in the Data Window.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If a calculation requires previous data of itself, then there is a need for a calculation buffer. However, if does not depend on past values of itself, then there is no need to have a buffer for it.

EDIT: That is if it's for calculations only and not to be plotted nor to be shown in the Data Window.

yeah i already thought that. See my original file/indicator in posts #1 and #5. just comment out any resource lines to make succuessful compile.

In those 2 files... a question... is that how you would do it? i want ability to hide and unhide the lines and arrows "at will". or is there a func that i can use vladimirs method (without calc buffers), AND reattach the indicator to the chart, "programmaticly"? My thinking is that with these calc buffers the indicator loses its "briskness", but i have not proven that yet.

Revo Trades #: yeah i already thought that. See my original file/indicator in posts #1 and #5. just comment out any resource lines to make succuessful compile. In those 2 files... a question... is that how you would do it? i want ability to hide and unhide the lines and arrows "at will". or is there a func that i can use vladimirs method (without calc buffers), AND reattach the indicator to the chart, "programmaticly"? My thinking is that with these calc buffers the indicator loses its "briskness", but i have not proven that yet.

I have not been actively following this thread and only happened to read that section of your posts.

On my own Indicators, while developing, I save the calculations in normal buffers, but with DRAW_NONE so that they only appear on the Data Window. This allows me to check that their values are being properly calculated, while debugging. Then in the final stages, once I know everything is working correctly, I remove the buffers, or set them to calculation buffers if there is a need for it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I have not been actively following this thread and only happened to read that section of your posts.

On my own Indicators, while developing, I save the calculations in normal buffers, but with DRAW_NONE so that they only appear on the Data Window. This allows me to check that their values are being properly calculated, while debugging. Then in the final stages, once I know everything is working correctly, I remove the buffers, or set them to calculation buffers if there is a need for it.

understood.

Reason: