WebRequest MQL5: error 4014 even though I have maintained the Url in "tools / options"

Hello there, 

I am following the instructions for WebRequest in the documentation of MQL5.

I am using the example implementation for testing, but I get the "error 4014".

According to my understanding, it means that you are not allowed to make the web request.

However, I have maintained the web address in tools / options, as it is indicated in the example.

Am I missing something? thanks for your help!!

KjLNi: I am following the instructions for WebRequest in the documentation of MQL5. I am using the example implementation for testing, but I get the "error 4014". According to my understanding, it means that you are not allowed to make the web request. However, I have maintained the web address in tools / options, as it is indicated in the example. Am I missing something? thanks for your help!!

Show your sample code. Show a screenshot of the options. Etc.

We cannot possibly know what is wrong from such little information you provide.

Hello, thanks for your responses.

In the meantime, I have seen (also from various other, similar questions, and also by reading the documentation attentively ...)

that the web request is not working in "Strategy Tester" mode, but only in "live" mode.

I could also test my program, it works without error in live mode.

my next challenge is now to perform testing, because I have the impression I cannot "debug" in live mode ...

I will prepare a sample data set and the debug in strategy tester, I think.

However, thanks for looking into this,

I also wanted to document the result here, in case some other green-horn as myself hast the same question.

Best regards!!!

indicator not allow webrequest

hi 
this cannot work on strategy tester add your ea to chat
most important add your URL into chart -> Tools - > option -> Expert Advisor -> Allow Web request From URL

check this checkbox and add your URL below

It Will Work

Reason: