Getting an old EA to work (and not crash my mt4..)

Hello, friends,

I found this EA on ForexFactory. It's a very old thread, so this EA is about 12 years old hehe..

When I try to attach to a chart it's fine, but the minute I try to change it's settings, mt4 crashes..everytime.

I tried to compile on metaeditor, but that didn't help.. 0 errors but a few 'warnings'.

Any help much appreciated!!

Yas: I found this EA on ForexFactory. It's a very old thread, so this EA is about 12 years old hehe.. When I try to attach to a chart it's fine, but the minute I try to change it's settings, mt4 crashes..everytime. I tried to compile on metaeditor, but that didn't help.. 0 errors but a few 'warnings'. Any help much appreciated!!

It's using ANSI (non-unicode) calls to the Windows API, which the more modern builds of MT4 no longer support.

The code has to be updated. It also expects to connect to websites the are no longer active.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It's using ANSI (non-unicode) calls to the Windows API, which the more modern builds of MT4 no longer support.

The code has to be updated. It also expects to connect to websites the are no longer active.

Thanks so much Fernando :)) Do you think it's a simple fix where I could just delete those pieces of code.. ?

Yas #: Thanks so much Fernando :)) Do you think it's a simple fix where I could just delete those pieces of code.. ?

I did not probe how the indicator works and what it depends on. I simply took a quick peek at the code and saw that it tries to download tick data from a website. If the indicator can work without that I don't know. You will have to study it and find out or pay someone to do it for you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I did not probe how the indicator works and what it depends on. I simply took a quick peek at the code and saw that it tries to download tick data from a website. If the indicator can work without that I don't know. You will have to study it and find out or pay someone to do it for you.

Thanks again so much!! Really appreciate your time explaining :))

Reason: